NRL 2023 Season Chat

Rebel

Plenty of replacements available, Ponga, Brimson are two. I hope he learns from this, all the natural talent in the world is no help to being a great player if you’re an upstart with no control! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, noelm said:

OH, and I predict a QLD win….again.

Traitor:074:

But seriously you are probably correct. Maybe brooksy can save them - after all they are running out of option fast 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Give Tedesco a rest, give Dylan Edwards a run, toss Luai out, put Hynes in to keep the Cronulla fans happy, leave Moses in, toss Paulo and put in a forward who can run, Campbell Graham in, Addo Car out, Toupou in, might as well try “something”

• Like 2

I think the blues should do something really radical- drop the current team , hand the jerseys to the wests tigers team, let them cop the flogging ( we are used to them by now ) and move on to next year - new team ,new coach ( if Freddy won’t tweak his style of coaching that is ). At least sheensy would be able to show the tigers what they need to play like if they ever want  to make the semi finals - besides that now that brooksy has had to take a massive pay cut he could use the extra match payment :074:

• Haha 1

Yep, Plenty of in form NSW players to pick from, It's just whether of not Freddy finally see's the error in his absolute Horror selection policy. He hasn't budged from his beliefs so far, but as I've previously said, the problem with the NSW team starts from the top.

I would have rested Walsh for Origin 3, even before his latest outburst,  And so should Addo- Carr and Luia be also stood down.  Noelm came up with some good in's, which I would be more that happy to see play, I would be picking at least 6 plus changes for the next one,, If this doesn't happen, I may not even watch ( but I will 😁).

Once the " coach" selectors, pick a NSW team on merit and form, rather than salary and profile, we may see a turn around in performances, but it seems that with regards to NSW, decisions are left to a handful of washed up out of touch ex players and selectors, that quite simply, are stifling NSW league. ( just my opinion )..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rebel said:

Reece Walsh ( Broncos & Orgin )  fullback.

Out for 3 matches.

That will upset QLD.

Walsh needed the wake up call. QLD will be ok without him as Noelm said Ponga or Brimson can fill in. I’d be going with Brimson as Ponga has a soft head

• Like 2

Freddie said this morning on Radio that Cameron Murray was getting over a groin injury, so that is why he didn't play till he had to.

If you follow NRL you would know about Murray.

Why was he selected. There plenty ot other players to choose.

Cheers.

Edited by Rebel

Yes, Brimson, plus he has been in the two previous “camps” and deserves a run. It’s a good time to test a few options, nothing to lose as such, try a few different inform players just to dip a toe in the water. Turbo, Mitchel and co (even Cleary)  get picked just “because” 

• Like 1

Some big games this weekend, I’m expecting the Warriors to give the Rabbitohs a right hiding this weekend. It’s been many years since we beat them (bunnies won 12 of last 13) but boy do they look shaky at the moment. Will be good for Warriors to get a big win at home too as Auckland’s seen a few losses this year. Games like this one are so critical for making the eight on such a crowded ladder. 

• Haha 1

Warriors v Souths

A hard one to call really, Souths form has not been good, but you feel there only the next game away from getting back on track. Warriors, are having a decent run, and so far this season, are showing some good consistency, they had a hiccup mid season, lost 3 on the trot ( from memory) however with the nrl giving them 3 games in 11 days and 2 of those games against the storm and the panthers, one could still not becry there improvement this year.

I feel there loss of Niukore in the pack, is a huge loss with his outstanding form, Curren his replacement, while a good player, offers less that what Niukore does. Barnet is back on board and he will tuffen up the back row, but this is anyones game..

I'll call it a Warriors win, by 10pts, a sold out home ground will lift the warriors tonight, BUT, nothings Certain if Souths hit there straps,, and they need to start doing that, sooner than later.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1