NRL 2023 Season Chat

Rebel

On 6/23/2023 at 12:21 PM, XD351 said:

I haven’t watched it yet but I suspect it was a free flowing game with no boofheads or annoying commentary and plenty of hard tackles and skill-basically everything that the NRL get wrong the NRLW get right !

I don’t see why at least one ( preferably more )game in the NRLW series can’t be televised every week on free to air and pay tv.

It certainly was a free flowing great game. No boofheads either but (in my opinion) there was annoying commentary from 2 of the biggest boofhjeads on the sideline....Joey and Gus😒

• Like 1

Dragons official press release, Hunt is staying to honour contract, Hunts response “he is concentrating on next weeks Sharks game” so….. he was full of sh!T in the first place (as I suggested weeks ago) or the Dragons board has actually made a decision! or, Hunt is still playing games and will get some legal/personal way to move on.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mullatt said:

It certainly was a free flowing great game. No boofheads either but (in my opinion) there was annoying commentary from 2 of the biggest boofhjeads on the sideline....Joey and Gus😒

I watched part of the Sunday game and they had billy slater in the com box - only one there who had anything intelligent to say , Gus ,Joey and Freddy - your time is over - time for some fresh blood in there . The only thing I can think of that would be worse than listening to those three for 90 min would be listening to paul Kent for more than 90 seconds 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

With the way teddy has been playing of late , turbo and latrell out injured surely NSW can give Gutho a run at FB ? Sure he isn’t the shiny superstar like the others but usually a rock solid performer week in week out and what have we got to lose ? Series is done , we lost and all this talk of saving face by winning a dead rubber is just garbage. This is the game to blood new players and where stefano should have been picked instead of game two. 

• Like 2

My ten cents. ( IMO )

Why don't they give Schuster a go.

I have said it before, Shuster plays like Munster. Evil.

They left Damien Cook out of the first game.

He was the only one to score a try in the second game.

They are all saying new Coach ?????????????  We haven't got any.

Cheers.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, XD351 said:

I watched part of the Sunday game and they had billy slater in the com box - only one there who had anything intelligent to say , Gus ,Joey and Freddy - your time is over - time for some fresh blood in there . The only thing I can think of that would be worse than listening to those three for 90 min would be listening to paul Kent for more than 90 seconds 🤣🤣🤣

The 9 commentary “team” are painful to listen to, mumbles John’s needs to go permanently, Gus knows what he is talking about, but over does everything, Fittler is just along for the ride! Paul Kent I suspect has vanished for good, like him or not, his latest escapade has dealt him a death sentence in the media.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2023 at 6:50 AM, Mike Sydney said:

Warriors with a big message, Bunnies game next week will be a cracker. 
Ever seen a bloke more dejected than Ben Hunt at his post match conference? Sheer cruelty to be on camera after that game. 
Warriors in a good position coming into their home games. Very pleasing result

We(Parra) coming for your Warriors after our Bye next week. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, noelm said:

The 9 commentary “team” are painful to listen to, mumbles John’s needs to go permanently, Gus knows what he is talking about, but over does everything, Fittler is just along for the ride! Paul Kent I suspect has vanished for good, like him or not, his latest escapade has dealt him a death sentence in the media.

I pay for Kayo during the NRL season to avoid the 9 commentary team. God knows who likes them!

• Like 1

In the last week I have heard all sorts,of things about a new coach for NSW - Gallen , Mundine ,both the Johns brothers and god knows who else - none of these appeal to me .

Got nothing against Freddy - he just needs to take the blinkers off and take a look around at players from teams other than easts and Penrith . The coach only prepares them for the game , once they run on it is up to the players to win but we need a coach that can light a fire under them just before they run on and re ignite it at half time - Queensland have been good at this for years .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HawkesburyParadise said:

I pay for Kayo during the NRL season to avoid the 9 commentary team. God knows who likes them!

I also generally watch on kayo , used to be foxtel but I can get what I want with Kayo for $25 a month v $140 I was paying Foxtel and yes the commentary is way better + they have Vonnie 😍. Unfortunately for me I’m stuck listening to Mark skaife on Supercars either way 🤬 he is fast becoming more of an annoyance than Gus Gould and there is no escape from him by changing telecasts providers 🤬🤬🤬.

I also don’t mind listening to Cooper Cronk .

27 minutes ago, XD351 said:

In the last week I have heard all sorts,of things about a new coach for NSW - Gallen , Mundine ,both the Johns brothers and god knows who else - none of these appeal to me .

Got nothing against Freddy - he just needs to take the blinkers off and take a look around at players from teams other than easts and Penrith . The coach only prepares them for the game , once they run on it is up to the players to win but we need a coach that can light a fire under them just before they run on and re ignite it at half time - Queensland have been good at this for years .

I've given up on Origin a few years ago, not because NSW sucks but I can't handle the difference in refereeing between NRL and Origin any more. Having said that, yes, NSW needs a cleanout. A player like Gutherson doesn't get a look in eventhough the flashy players can't deliver. Do NSW players actually care enough to win at the moment?  

Edited by HawkesburyParadise
  • Like 1

Probably not as they have not blooded the younger players when they should have - when the series is either won or lost , how long did old players like Gallen hold back the younger forwards  from getting valuable game time because he refused to retire ? Yep sure put his hand up and say he is there if NSW needs him but give the young guys a chance .

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, XD351 said:

I also generally watch on kayo , used to be foxtel but I can get what I want with Kayo for $25 a month v $140 I was paying Foxtel and yes the commentary is way better + they have Vonnie 😍. Unfortunately for me I’m stuck listening to Mark skaife on Supercars either way 🤬 he is fast becoming more of an annoyance than Gus Gould and there is no escape from him by changing telecasts providers 🤬🤬🤬.

I also don’t mind listening to Cooper Cronk .

I find Vonnie to be too silly, she tries to sound like she knows what she’s talking about, but fails miserably! Skaife on Supercars makes everything sound like an emergency!

• Like 1

There is a bit of gossip about Bellamy coaching NSW when his Melbourne time is up, true or not? No idea. As it stands, I can’t think of anyone that could do a good job of it and isn’t already committed to something else.

• Like 1

I must thank Manly and every one of their supporters for taking brooks off our hands 🤣🤣

Just watch how Manly’s 2024 season goes down the toilet 🤣🤣🤣

I just hope sheens doesn’t buy some problem child from another team to replace him , we have plenty of junior players just waiting for their chance 👀 .

First twal scores his first try for the club and then brooks bails - I don’t care if we get the spoon this year - I could drop dead right now and I would die smiling 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, XD351 said:

I must thank Manly and every one of their supporters for taking brooks off our hands 🤣🤣

Just watch how Manly’s 2024 season goes down the toilet 🤣🤣🤣

I just hope sheens doesn’t buy some problem child from another team to replace him , we have plenty of junior players just waiting for their chance 👀 .

First twal scores his first try for the club and then brooks bails - I don’t care if we get the spoon this year - I could drop dead right now and I would die smiling 🤣🤣🤣🤣

In all of this, I feel sorry for Jakey Arthur. He wasn't as bad as some Parra fans made him out to be. 

• Like 1

Probably the best thing jake could have done - get away from his old man and those that wish to depose him .

Hey Rebel, that is payback for unloading terry hill on us all those years ago :074:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, XD351 said:

Probably the best thing jake could have done - get away from his old man and those that wish to depose him .

Hey Rebel, that is payback for unloading terry hill on us all those years ago :074:

Ah Terry Hill! Reminds me of my first game at Parra. - Manly V Parra finals 05. The crowd has the "Terry's a Wanker" chant going. 

• Haha 1