NRL 2023 Season Chat

Rebel

Tigers season has gone from bad to worse to horrific, Now waiting for the impending nuclear war between the factions in the club to erupt . The club is an embarrassment to the NRL and the supporters. They need a total clean out- everyone above sheens need to go and start anew and no old board members or managers need apply for anything there , out the door never to return ! I don’t blame the players , it must be horrible to turn up for training knowing that the club is eating itself from the inside out and then try to get motivated to train or play -a bit like working for a company that is going bankrupt and knowing the end is getting closer , so why bother doing a good job - it won’t make anything better.

• Like 1

I think sheens might be better suited to spotting talent , I hope that it is young talent too - I’m sick of them buying other teams throw aways  . Billy Slater hit the nail on the head with his idea of either buy or develop young players over the next five years then try to hang on to them any way they can- which is the hard part  . Nothing will ever change there if they don’t have a full scale clean out of the management system , they need fresh faces , fresh ideas and a group that is all pulling in the same direction . 23’ NRL season is dead to me now - I can’t be bothered watching the games anymore especially with the stupid decisions being made by the refs and bunker - whole thing’s a circus .

• Like 1

Gus Gould was on the right track when he rebuilt Penrith some years ago.

Hopefully it will rub off on the Bulldogs.

The Tigers needs new management. Everybody knows that except the Tigers

• Like 3

Tigers and Dragons are in the same boat, old boys club running it into the ground, board members can’t agree on anything, both clubs are a shambles from the top down…..maybe another “merger”? West Illawarra Tiger Dragons……..can’t possibly be any worse.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Was watching a Sammy hitzke fishing video the other day - he opened the show with “I’m down in the land of can’t win an origin series this week” - bloody Queenslanders !

If we are going to send them up there we better start pouring fertiliser on their shoulders - need to grow a second head ASAP🤣🤣🤣

Edited by XD351
  • Haha 1

Not too sure what Marty Taupau was thinking in the Broncos game, lifting his knee like that! how he stayed in the field is beyond me! If that’s not a send off, then nothing is.

57 minutes ago, Rebel said:

Broncos V Souths.  36-20.

Souths have lost it. Not playing well at all.

Yeah, “something” is not right with South’s, Mitchell will come back and maybe give them some direction, but in the end, he’s only one player, regardless of what the commentators say, best guess he will play a quarter of a game and need a rest.

8 hours ago, Rebel said:

Warriors V Raiders  21-20.

Raiders left it to late.

Well done Warriors.

Great win to get top 4, with a solid run home - bye, 11th/12th/15th/16th/17th teams. Chance of catching the broncos for second?

• Like 1

As long as they didn’t/don’t  “roll” a bit too early…..they need to be playing their best in the finals, not a month before. The best/consistent teams keep near the top, then push hard during the playoffs to hopefully “peak” on grand final day. Lots of teams fizzle out in the final weeks, teams like Melbourne, Panthers and this year the Broncos are very consistent, but……my “prediction” Panthers in, Broncos to stumble short, Melbourne to just wear everyone else down and make it to the GF.

• Like 1