Dollies - FADs (...... Finally)

dlvbw

Hey Raiders. Headed out midweek to fish for dollies. Spent way too long catching livies. Loads of boats and plenty of yakkas, but they were nibbling instead of biting.....got about 12 in over an hour......woeful.

Jetted out to the Sydney FAD. Dropped in a nice triple lure spread about 1km away. Deadly white shallow diver, a black and purple skirt, and a big multi colorured diver.

Hooked up about 200m from the structure....excellent. Fish went 65cm so we were PUMPED after catching so many micros this year. A few other boats about mainly chucking livies and what looked like half pillies in really close.

Continued to troll and picked up fish after fish for about 2 hours. Kept 3 keepers to 70cm and threw back another 10 of mixed size.

Never needed the livies! 

Awesome session with my best mate.

Back on dry land at 1230

Cheers

D

SmartSelect_20230429_162202_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20230429_162141_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20230429_162121_Gallery.jpg

• Like 15

It that was Tuesday I was one of the boats chucking livies at the FAD 😂
I tried trolling, my biggest Dolly was on a lure 100's of meters from the FAD, but on Tuesday my lures were toxic as far as the fish were concerned. 🙂
Sounds like you had far better luck with the lures. Well done 👍

On 4/29/2023 at 6:28 PM, GordoRetired said:

It that was Tuesday I was one of the boats chucking livies at the FAD 😂
I tried trolling, my biggest Dolly was on a lure 100's of meters from the FAD, but on Tuesday my lures were toxic as far as the fish were concerned. 🙂
Sounds like you had far better luck with the lures. Well done 👍

Yeah - they were smashing our lures pretty regularly. Not always the case! 

On 4/29/2023 at 5:13 PM, dlvbw said:

Hey Raiders. Headed out midweek to fish for dollies. Spent way too long catching livies. Loads of boats and plenty of yakkas, but they were nibbling instead of biting.....got about 12 in over an hour......woeful.

Jetted out to the Sydney FAD. Dropped in a nice triple lure spread about 1km away. Deadly white shallow diver, a black and purple skirt, and a big multi colorured diver.

Hooked up about 200m from the structure....excellent. Fish went 65cm so we were PUMPED after catching so many micros this year. A few other boats about mainly chucking livies and what looked like half pillies in really close.

Continued to troll and picked up fish after fish for about 2 hours. Kept 3 keepers to 70cm and threw back another 10 of mixed size.

Never needed the livies! 

Awesome session with my best mate.

Back on dry land at 1230

Cheers

D

SmartSelect_20230429_162202_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20230429_162141_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20230429_162121_Gallery.jpg

Hey D. Out of interest which lure(s) was productive. Thanks. 

cheers Zoran. 

16 hours ago, kyngfish said:

What size boat do you have to get out there?

5m Aquamaster centre console. Goes well in most conditions though can be a little damp when the swell is at 45 degrees off the bow.....

11 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Hey D. Out of interest which lure(s) was productive. Thanks. 

cheers Zoran. 

The halco laserpro 120 in pilchard was the gun lure. I have upgraded the hooks to bkk and just a single on the belly. The black magic mini skirt in burple also did well. Interestingly my fave white diver that generally catches everything didn't catch a fish. 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1