Kayak fisherman attacjed by Tiger Shark in Hawaii

On 5/17/2023 at 9:20 AM, frankS said:

I have been saying it for years. It's just a matter of time when a shark will take a kayak, they are just too close to the water.

Frank

Well that one clearly did. That’s a straight up attack, no nudging or inspections there. amazed he didn’t end up in the water. 

Orcas a problem too apparently!

https://nypost.com/2023/05/20/killer-whales-are-attacking-and-sinking-boats/

• Thanks 1

On 5/17/2023 at 9:20 AM, frankS said:

I have been saying it for years. It's just a matter of time when a shark will take a kayak, they are just too close to the water.

Frank

Luckily neither you nor I will be in it Frank.   bn

It seems to be a good advertisement for OK (looks like Prowler Ultra or whatever they are called these days) showing how stable they are and able to withstand viscous shark attack without flipping. You aren’t gonna need a bigger boat if you have an OK! 😁

• Haha 1

Yes, good add for the yak. Only time I ever felt in danger on the yak was when a large cabin cruiser apparently couldn't see me. I was once in a mates 14ft tinny off Barrenjoey Headland targeting a baitball of 60Cm+ mullet. I got one on bream gear and we were both over the back of the boat trying to net it. All of a sudden I got the slightest glimpse of a huge tiger shark's face rising from the deep. It must have then turned away. I looked at my mate and he asked if I saw "that". Yup, let's go. Glad I wasn't on the yak that day.