Good day deep water dropping

IMG_1278.thumb.jpeg.221b3aabf9cdd792670ebd37419b9b00.jpegHad a day out on charter (Scotty T”) and had a cracker day - lots of snapper, pearl perch and Trag (no Jewies), 40 good fish amongst us and @Brendan Monks passed in his bar crusher - looked like he was going to the shelf ?? 
westerly was a bit rough, so only one pic

IMG_1275.jpeg

Edited by Pickles
  • Like 19

Nice fish there - excluding the mongrel mowies 🤣 - cannot eat them at all.

A good sized pearlie as well.

I only saw your post this morning that you were one short for the trip. 🙁

3 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

Excellent result Bob. Lots of nice chews there. What depth were you guys dropping? Current and Temp?

cheers Zoran 

73m, off shore. Strong westerly,  water temp 20.4 outside, but 18 inside. All fish caught on pillies and a Bonito I caught early in the day.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Pickles said:

73m, off shore. Strong westerly,  water temp 20.4 outside, but 18 inside. All fish caught on pillies and a Bonito I caught early in the day.

Hmmm those numbers look surprisingly familiar- but the result was far different 🤣 !

cheers Z

21 hours ago, big Neil said:

Well done Bob and company. He's a very good skipper Scotty, and knows where to get some decent fish. Nice looking fish those Pearlies.

bn

Hi Neil, have you been out on the court this d in this cold weather?

29 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Hi Neil, have you been out on the court this d in this cold weather?

Not often Bob, the water level is often too low to launch. Having a few motor problems at present also. I have been fishing off the bank a few times but caught mostly Carp. Hope that life is treating you and Julie well. Cheers, bn

6 hours ago, Brendan Monks said:

Some cracker Pearlies there @Pickles 😲

Dylan (Deckie) told me you guys were fishing with them that day, we were fishing our last point score day of the game fishing season...Unfortunately zeros but can't complain at all about the season we had this year!  

😵‍💫 a loooong way to go in a Westerly for no result, but better than mowing the lawn

• Haha 1