A short break away in QLD

mrsswordfisherman

Recently swordie and I attended a family wedding in QLD. 

We towed our caravan and stopped on the way in Port Macquarie. @dirvin21 and Amy popped by to see us. They had just finished a morning shift at the hospital and heading off the next morning for a few days fishing. It was great to meet them in person. 

Next stop was Yamba and I found a gem of a caravan park called Fishing Haven. Perfect place full of fishos and people to chat with about local intel. 
It is right on the river, has a delightful coffee van on-site every day, 3 wharves, boat and kayak hire and great amenities. 
We did not take the tinny but swordie caught lots of the wharf for a bit of fun. 

We stopped at Tuncurry on the way home. Delicious seafood at the Fishermans Co Op. Fishermans Basket with Luderick fillet x 1, Whiting fillets x 3, 2 Calamari Rings and 1 Prawn Cutlet :) was different! 

We sat on the cafe wharf area. Fish were plentiful and we watched them while we ate.

A great trip with not much fishing even! 

Anyone else away for school holidays perhaps? 

IMG_8287.jpeg

IMG_8288.jpeg

IMG_8285.jpeg

IMG_8284.jpeg

IMG_8283.jpeg

IMG_8286.jpeg

IMG_7969.jpeg

At the Noosa Beach Surf Club

IMG_7991.jpeg

• Like 11

Always good to shake off the winter blues Donna and Stewy and anywhere North is a good place to head. Many of my bowls mates head to Qld for extended Winter breaks. I stay put and try to put up with the cold, sometimes damp, miserable conditions. Such is life LOL.

I really like the way you have presented your photos, how did you do it?

We're only here once, so enjoy whatever you do. Thanks for sharing the post.

bn

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, big Neil said:

Always good to shake off the winter blues Donna and Stewy and anywhere North is a good place to head. Many of my bowls mates head to Qld for extended Winter breaks. I stay put and try to put up with the cold, sometimes damp, miserable conditions. Such is life LOL.

I really like the way you have presented your photos, how did you do it?

We're only here once, so enjoy whatever you do. Thanks for sharing the post.

bn

@big Neil the program is one of many that you can use online. It is free and has a huge selection of frames that you can add pics to. It is called Photo Collage and simple to use.
Here is an example. I opened one of my folders called “Fishing” and randomly chose a few. 
Above you will see some frame choices. If I continued to add more I would be presented with heaps more if I swiped across. 
What do other members use I wonder?

IMG_8311.jpeg

IMG_8310.jpeg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, big Neil said:

Heading off to play a bowls R2 singles match but I will check it out when I get home. Thanks Donna.

ps...who's that handsome guy in the picture with you and I?   LOL

bn

Some bloke 🤣

Good luck with the bowls - get some resting touchers 

11 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Some bloke 🤣

Good luck with the bowls - get some resting touchers 

No resting touchers but I played well and won the match. R3 versus a top grader coming up. He'd better look out.

Thanks for the help with the collage stuff...I'll be back.   bn

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hoods said:

Good to see you enjoyed Tuncurry.

Those stonker Bream under the Wharf are the most highly educated fish on the east coast - like PhD level and better

🤔  wonder if they'd take @wazatherfisherman and @DerekD's SP chip .... lightly salted and with a dash of vinegar ?? 🤔

Cheers Z

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Hoods said:

Good to see you enjoyed Tuncurry.

Those stonker Bream under the Wharf are the most highly educated fish on the east coast - like PhD level and better

Your area @Hoods? Been going there for many years but not seen those fish there for some reason. 
Massive they are too. 

Good to see you away Donna.

I was away for 10 days along the Murray, with people from the new van club. Others heading west to the S.A. border eventually, however, I had to return home. Organising to sell mum's waterfront home, so no boat storage in future. Will have to use boat ramps in future. :wacko:  At least I caught a smallish redfin -  a new species for me.

When I was up at Port Macquarie last year, plenty of fish around the wharves, signs with NO FISHING. 🙁 The bream were smart, having a double take of scraps thrown in.

13 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Good to see you away Donna.

I was away for 10 days along the Murray, with people from the new van club. Others heading west to the S.A. border eventually, however, I had to return home. Organising to sell mum's waterfront home, so no boat storage in future. Will have to use boat ramps in future. :wacko:  At least I caught a smallish redfin -  a new species for me.

When I was up at Port Macquarie last year, plenty of fish around the wharves, signs with NO FISHING. 🙁 The bream were smart, having a double take of scraps thrown in.

How did that group go? I saw a few pics online. Shame about the selling of the home.

We didnt fish but seems to be plenty of places up there. 

36 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

How did that group go? I saw a few pics online. Shame about the selling of the home.

We didnt fish but seems to be plenty of places up there. 

No problems with the 'new' group, all happy people, just like the old days before the shit fight happened. 👍

"Living the dream" group doing their own thing in different locations.  

Mum is in a retirement home, has to sell the home as not returning.

I have acquired a Quintrex tinny from my brother ( a story to it ) about 15 foot with a 60hp motor, and trailer, so will be launching at ramps in the future. Will have to see how stable it is in the ocean.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yowie said:

No problems with the 'new' group, all happy people, just like the old days before the shit fight happened. 👍

"Living the dream" group doing their own thing in different locations.  

Mum is in a retirement home, has to sell the home as not returning.

I have acquired a Quintrex tinny from my brother ( a story to it ) about 15 foot with a 60hp motor, and trailer, so will be launching at ramps in the future. Will have to see how stable it is in the ocean.

All good there then. Mum will enjoy company too. 
Have boat will fish 👏

• Thanks 1