Fishing room and pond for house reno

AlbertW

Hey All,

My parents have just bought a new smaller house for when they’re older. This house even though is heritage has a very high chance of being able to be taken down and rebuilt from scratch. The garage has a space next to it and I want to turn it into a room for storage of my kayak and fishing gear as my current storage is very messy and unorganised. Hopefully after being rebuilt I will also be able to house a saltwater pond for any species I bring back such as bream, flatties etc (legal of course) but I don’t know if I can have the pond outdoors. So I’ve come to you guys for any ideas of a storage room and pond ideas. Currently i don’t have a budget and want to go all out as we haven’t even a started planning and sketching out designs, so shoot me all your ideas.(I’ll be back later with more measurements)

Cheers,

Albert

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AlbertW said:

Hey All,

My parents have just bought a new smaller house for when they’re older. This house even though is heritage has a very high chance of being able to be taken down and rebuilt from scratch. The garage has a space next to it and I want to turn it into a room for storage of my kayak and fishing gear as my current storage is very messy and unorganised. Hopefully after being rebuilt I will also be able to house a saltwater pond for any species I bring back such as bream, flatties etc (legal of course) but I don’t know if I can have the pond outdoors. So I’ve come to you guys for any ideas of a storage room and pond ideas. Currently i don’t have a budget and want to go all out as we haven’t even a started planning and sketching out designs, so shoot me all your ideas.(I’ll be back later with more measurements)

Cheers,

Albert

Grow sea cabbage in pond and supply rest of us

• Like 3

As dirvin21 says, probably not a GREAT idea to keep sea species in captivity, Albert. Won't be long before you will have your own vehicle and boat so obviously you are going to need to have your own double garage. Consider wall-mounted rod holders so that you can readily select what you need to take for your fishing trips. You will need to have an area to access your fishing tackle lure boxes, etc. A trip around some of the tackle shops should give you some assistance here. An annexe where you can do some basic maintenance of your fishing gear, clean your catch, etc. Probably you will need to store your camping gear as you will want to spend more time in remote areas, as you get older.

Above all, never forget how grateful you need to be, to be in the fortunate position that you are. Many youngsters, passionate about their fishing, are wondering how they can obtain a rod and reel so that they can enjoy the sport.

bn

• Like 6

On 7/1/2023 at 6:16 PM, AlbertW said:

for any species I bring back such as bream, flatties etc (legal of course)

Come fishing with me and you won’t have to worry about bringing anything back or build a pond.It’s a win win for you.

• Haha 8
  • Sad 1

For kayak storage you could try something like this if you have the height to work with .

IMG_0104.thumb.png.881c861ff651586bf3332cf314d1f7e3.png

A saltwater fish tank is nothing new but very high maintenance, probably time and money best spent on fishing , also you will more than likely find that the fish that are caught from the wild will die from stress .

One of those cheap blow molded fold up tables from Bunnings is all you need for a bench and add a fold up chair you have a work bench that takes up nearly no room when folded away , add a cheap storage cabinet in the corner to keep your gear in and you’re looking good!

One of these rod racks can be purchased and assembled but instead of joining both halves you could srew each half to a wall to give a long rod rack that doesn’t take up much space 

IMG_0105.thumb.png.5b67b9e56d457e631c6f09651cfb99c4.png
IMG_0106.thumb.jpeg.f1a6de4b8cc1f7fe5719eab6e0c00dd6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I made ceiling mounted rod storage along the lines of this.  Quite straight forward to do and relatively inexpensive.

One piece of timber has holes, and the other (closest to camera here) has an angled channel to the holes:

52fad12afaa6e6c7c0fad08115f739bc.jpg 

• Like 6