Soft plastic prawn imitation

faker

Hi guys, I am looking for a good soft plastic prawn imitation and there are loads of them out there. Would anyone be able to recommend me which one they think is good? I have never used squidgies  or holt or pro lure clone prawn before.

• Like 1

My Go To is the Holt Swim Prawn. It works for me !  Gentle lifts and slow roll.  But my SP collection has a few different ones in there ! Coastal 360  3 ",  Atomic Plazos 3"   Z Man Scented Shrimp z  3",   Daiwa Risky Critter.!    They all catch fish.  For Me  Sax Scent Prawn scent  is a must !  But they make one for Holt Productions called Prawn Juice It is my favourite !

And Yes I like the 3" .  Ok one I forgot is the MMD Soft Prawn. Deadly around and over weed beds! slow twitches!   It has no action, It relies on its profile to attract fish. It works !

Not My choice of Lure this time of year in the Hastings. Baitfish are the go here through out the River. So Vibes like the Samaki Viblicious , or Paddle tail SP's are more likely to match the hatch ! Daiwa 2.5" Of 3.2 " Minnow or Zman slim swim. But I find Daiwa easier to rig.    Summertime Prawn's rule !

Look back through my posts to see what I use !

Edited by bluefin
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, bluefin said:

My Go To is the Holt Swim Prawn. It works for me !  Gentle lifts and slow roll.  But my SP collection has a few different ones in there ! Coastal 360  3 ",  Atomic Plazos 3"   Z Man Scented Shrimp z  3",   Daiwa Risky Critter.!    They all catch fish.  For Me  Sax Scent Prawn scent  is a must !  But they make one for Holt Productions called Prawn Juice It is my favourite !

And Yes I like the 3" .  Ok one I forgot is the MMD Soft Prawn. Deadly around and over weed beds! slow twitches!   It has no action, It relies on its profile to attract fish. It works !

Not My choice of Lure this time of year in the Hastings. Baitfish are the go here through out the River. So Vibes like the Samaki Viblicious , or Paddle tail SP's are more likely to match the hatch ! Daiwa 2.5" Of 3.2 " Minnow or Zman slim swim. But I find Daiwa easier to rig.    Summertime Prawn's rule !

Look back through my posts to see what I use !

Question  would you rig a prawn backwards? I mean prawns flick backwards when spooked

No. They don't swim straight! Prawns swim forward. But flick backwards when spooked.  I have tried a few ways and failed! I just fish them slow! Small twitches Slow roll Lift n drop. But Fish do attack them fished aggressively !  If you want it both ways try the Chasebaits Curly Prawn. I haven't so cant comment!

Edited by bluefin

8 hours ago, Bennyg78 said:

They are all good and depends how you want to fish them as to which one you want to use. I have seen the prolure clone prawns rigged backwards. 

With standard jigheads?