Port Hacking - A few squid

After a bit of a cold streak with squid, decided to have an arvo session with a few mates on Sunday arvo/night. Fished with one mate with nippers around lilli pilli only for 1 40cm trev and a few stingrays before picking up @kobi caught a fish for a night session. Deep water around lilli pilli was quiet so headed inside Yowie Bay to try for some Arrow Squid. Picked up 2 in 20 minutes and then had to call it a night. 

Yesterday morning I launched with a different mate with the squid in hopes of landing his first Jewfish. Headed out the front for squid and I managed my first Green eye going a 30cm hood. My mate managed a smaller, live bait size one so we hit up a Kingfish spot near maianbar and used the live squid as well as squid strips. Livie got mauled by something and I only managed a salmon. We then headed back out the front where I lost a much bigger squid and also landed a 27cm hood. Plenty of squid for dinner so finally time for Jewfish. Set up anchor around Lilii Pilli and fished until dark with squid only managing one just legal pinkie and a few bigger hits but no hook-ups. Pretty solid day overall.

SquidfromJIbbon.thumb.jpg.cd82aba9a868bd24e0cbf68632e55a92.jpg

• Like 15

Nothing wrong with a feed of squid.

Water is clear and cold at the moment up river, so the fish have shut down a bit. No bream to be seen at the front of my mother's place in Gunnamatta. 

This time of year in the Hacking is rather quiet, so I have not had a fish in the deep for a month or more.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kantong said:

beautiful squid mate, well done.

Cheers, been a while coming.

9 hours ago, bessell1955 said:

Sounds like a very busy time.

Busy but fun.

7 hours ago, jenno64 said:

Nice work 🙏🏻

Cheers, still working out how to get the squid. First for me.

6 hours ago, Rebel said:

Great report.

Well done.

Thankyou, my dog loved a bit of the snapper.

6 hours ago, Yowie said:

Nothing wrong with a feed of squid.

Water is clear and cold at the moment up river, so the fish have shut down a bit. No bream to be seen at the front of my mother's place in Gunnamatta. 

This time of year in the Hacking is rather quiet, so I have not had a fish in the deep for a month or more.

Cheers Yowie, have had a friend who's been catching a bit recently, including a lot of school Jewfish and decent snapper.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Isaac Ct said:

Thanks @Larkin , got the squid in one of your spots. Got them on a jig very similar to your favourite as well

Good stuff Isaac!

once you get onto a few - you’ll find it easy to find them in future.

• Like 1

A good report Isaac Ct. I love reading the Sydney reports. So many anglers yet you all have your favourite spots and methods and end up with something good for the table. We really do live in a fishing paradise (Australia).

bn

• Like 1