Lime, potato, coconut fish curry

Yowie

Ingredients.    serves 2

I medium sweet potato, and 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in to 2cm chunks

1 medium onion, chopped

2 cloves garlic, crushed

1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated

2 or 3 tsp of fresh tumeric, grated (or 1 tsp dried)

250 ml vegetable or chicken stock (or 1 cube of same dissolved in hot water)

green vegetables (zucchini rounds, 5cm beans slices, halved snow peas - 1 cup or more)

400 to 500 grams of boneless fish chunks, slices, pieces (any fish will do - delicate fish like whiting not needed)

about 200 ml of coconut milk (not re-constituted coconut milk powder)

1 tbsp fish sauce

1 lime, zested and juiced

optional, lime slices and basil leaves to serve

Method.

add oil to a large pot (preferably good olive oil)

cook sweet potato, potato, onion pieces for 2 minutes on medium/high heat, stirring occasionally

add garlic, ginger, tumeric, stir for a short time, then add vege or chicken stock

add lid to the pot then cook for 10 minutes so the mixture is just lightly boiling, then uncover for another 5 minutes

add veges, stir and cook for 5 minutes

add fish, coconut milk, lime zest, lime juice, fish sauce, stir lightly and cook, lid on, until fish is just cooked

serve in bowls and add sauce from pot, also add lime slices and basil if desired

splayds best to use, then a soup spoon to finish the sauce in the bowl

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Sounds the goods Dave.😋 I’ll definitely give this a go - have some chunky blue eye fillet which would go well like that. 
Might also add a kaffir lime leaf from my tree 👍

Thanks for posting. 
cheers Zoran 

1 hour ago, zmk1962 said:

Sounds the goods Dave.😋 I’ll definitely give this a go - have some chunky blue eye fillet which would go well like that. 

Thanks for posting. 
cheers Zoran 

Chunky Blue Eye fillets... are you trying to make us jealous! LOL!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Thanks for posting. 
cheers Zoran 

Not a problem Zoran. A kaffir leaf or 2 would be good, and chopped up blue eye would be good to go.

6 hours ago, fragmeister said:

Chunky Blue Eye fillets... are you trying to make us jealous! LOL!

🤣 Sorry … unintended consequences … unfortunately all the rock cod from the trip before the Browns trip is gone and we have to settle for the blue. 🙄
cheers Z

15 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

🤣 Sorry … unintended consequences … unfortunately all the rock cod from the trip before the Browns trip is gone and we have to settle for the blue. 🙄
cheers Z

😂

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Yowie, this recipe has been noted, will definitely be giving this a go.

As far as the Salmon go, ever since I was a nipper, I was introduce to Smoked Salmon..  Split the filets, a generous dose of lemon juice and anything else that takes your fancy, into the fridge for a good few hours, then sprinkle brown sugar over the meat, into the smoker it goes. I had a heap of friends that didn't know what they were eating that regarded Salmon as bait and dog food, it sure changed most of there minds. I only have a small mobile type meths burning smoker, I intend to build a decent one, but rocks in the  two meth bowls underneath, your favorite choice and flavor of the wood chips, normally as close to 30 minutes on the smoke,   B-e-u-a-t-i-f-u-l......   Maybe because I was bought up on it, but ever since when I've served it up, it was gone before it had a chance to cool down...