Bate Bay again

Yowie

Headed out this arvo towards Kurnell. First drop obviously over a patch of reef. No sounder so did not know it was there, other than a slightly snaggy bottom. Eventually snagged up and not able to retrieve, snapped off.

The 2 piggies pulled up, plus other reef critters - red rockie, maori wrasse, sweep, little reddie.

So moved and found the spikies in big numbers just about everywhere. Kept moving around and found the blue spots not long before sunset, plus 2 just unders.

A lot of penguins sqwarking around the boat, but hard to see in the chop. No whales again, so maybe all are to the north.

fish.jpeg.410_files_files_files.jpg

• Like 18

23 minutes ago, Blackfish said:

At least a feed, we are heading south of Port Hacking tomorrow so I’ll let you know but they seem a bit thin on the ground those Blue Spots at the moment.

The wife and I can make that 2 feeds, so happy there.

I was thinking of heading south yesterday, however, I was trying out the new boat I obtained from my brother so stayed closer to home for the first run.

Good luck tomorrow.

Edited by Yowie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fab1 said:

You always come back with something for your efforts mate.Great work!!

Thanks Fab, a bit of moving about, however, the drift and swell were good, a pleasant arvo out.

1 hour ago, big Neil said:

So how did the "new" boat behave Yowie? What can you tell us about it? Hope it continues to be a reliable setup for your adventures as you plunder the marine habitat near home.

Cheers, bn

The new boat is about 15 foot, wide beam, and the 60 H.P. motor has some kick to it.

I had to hang on tight when I gunned it, otherwise I would have been flying out the back of the boat. 🤣 A change from the 15 H.P. on the old boat.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Larkin said:

Nice bag of fish Dave!
A mate was out there on Sunday, said plenty of small spikies about too.
Where’d you end up launching from?

Thank you. Still launching from mum's place, as it is not yet sold.

5 hours ago, jenno64 said:

Very Noah like Yowie! Nice colourful braces!

Thanks Rob. The piggies are very colourful, and cooking them up tomorrow night.

Too many spikies out the front of Cronulla at present.