Pb flathead and breaking of the paddletail curse

faker

Hi all just caught 64 cm flatty and 48 cm at cremourne. Unfortunately both swallowed the 3 inch paddle tail whole, I was using so I had to dispatch both and had to replace leaders twice. I kinda of wanted to release the big female. 

I broke pb record and the not catching anything on paddletails curse and in general winter has been bad for me. Took 10 min fight to bring it up

Thanks @DerekDfor mentoring even over phone

Broke landing net for big flatty

20230902_165810.jpg

20230902_165744.jpg

Edited by faker
  • Like 12

Very well done Faker. Good to see you get some quality fish and set a couple of personal records too. Keep up the good work. It's okay to take fish that have sustained damage during the capture even if you would have preferred to release them unharmed. Enjoy some nice Flathead fillets.

bn

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, big Neil said:

Very well done Faker. Good to see you get some quality fish and set a couple of personal records too. Keep up the good work. It's okay to take fish that have sustained damage during the capture even if you would have preferred to release them unharmed. Enjoy some nice Flathead fillets.

bn

I think slow roll techniques Avoid swallowing the hopping along bottom means they are not taking it while chasing it down