Port Hacking

Yowie

Some time since I fished up river in the Hacking, however, headed out early this morning near Lilli Pilli.

Squid, salted tailor strips and pillies for bait, plenty of smaller reddies biting, and a few legals amongst them. The smallest one swallowed ganged hooks, so not in a good way to be released, so kept him. Pulled out another legal one on the last cast, I only needed 3 reddies so he was lucky to be released.

Pulled up a jewie which was smaller than the tailor, but that was the only jewie bite. A few pillies jumping about but not much other surface action. Happy with a couple of feeds.

fish.jpeg.413_files_files_files.jpg

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Fab1 said:

Just come back and already taking the fish from the kids on school holidays.😂😂Great work mate.I know you get out early but how was the human activity out there?

Bugger the kids Fab. 🤣 Get out early to beat the riff raff.

Was surprisingly quiet for school holidays, only 2 "terrorists" in high speed tinnies :074:. Not too many boats out and about at all.

2 hours ago, XD351 said:

Nice panies and tailor Yowie! I haven’t heard much about inside PH on the socials, mainly decent squid out in bate bay. Must drag my sorry a- hole down there for a fish !

Thank you. Happy with the catch. Fish are there but scattered about.

1 hour ago, Little_Flatty said:

Good to see you back again Dave. Nice to get a couple of feeds.

Thanks Mike. Keep the missus happy with fresh fish dinners. 🤣  2 fish meals in a week - mate was talking of going out Friday into Bate Bay - a couple more fish maybe :074:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fab1 said:

Unfortunately I can’t get out early mate as I use to be out like 4-5am best time as you know.Good to hear not many pests around.

Expect the tinnies to be out in the next few days, especially this long weekend.

1 hour ago, Isaac Ct said:

Well done Yowie, nice feed to get back into the swing of things

Thanks Issac, happy to get a few.

1 hour ago, jenno64 said:

Nice work Dave, tripod redialed!

my boat is off the water atm but hope to get out soon🙏🏻

Thanks Rob, should get better soon.

1 hour ago, Larkin said:

Nice feed of reds there Dave!! 

Quite a few salmon up river over the last couple of weeks. Heard so many reports of non stop action. May have moved on.

Good to see the snappers on the bite though! 

Thanks Chris. Not big reddies, but a few nice fillets. No salmon spotted near me, had a quick spin in the mouth of SWA, but nothing doing there.

4 minutes ago, Scooter0069 said:

Nice feed there Yowie I had a try outside on Sunday got a few blue spot flatheads but not much of a drift didn’t help but it was a feed of fresh fish

Thanks Scooter. Some blue spots are always welcome.

49 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Nice work Dave - now school holidays are on I guess you’ll back off fishing a bit?
nice to catch a Jewie - praying for a big one I’ll bet.

Thanks Bob. School holiday time is usually busy on the Hacking, tinnies speeding everywhere.

The jewie was small enough to use as a live bait 🤣 , not much size to it at all. Hopefully a bigger one after the holidays finish.