Port Hacking - a bit quiet

Yowie

Headed out early this morning past Lilli Pilli into the deep.

The tailor early on, then the reddies turned up pinching all baits - pillies, tailor, squid strips. 3 that just made size, not much to show for a couple of hours, but something to take home. Fresh fish, better than buying it. No yakkas to catch.

Sammy the seal was lazing about on the surface for an hour or more, but stayed away from my boat.

A few salmon buzzing about after sun-up, followed a metal lure but no takers, so headed home.

fish.jpeg.415_files_files_files.jpg

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Isaac Ct said:

Good work Yowie, managed a feed in the end. Seems to be a bit of a lull in the fishing with the small differences in the high and low tides.

Thank you. Not much run in the tide, with a small difference as you stated.

52 minutes ago, Little_Flatty said:

Nice work Yowie!

I’d be happy with your version of ‘quiet’😎. Good feed there.

Maybe Sammy the seal had an effect on the number of fish present.

Thank you. Sammy kept his distance, however, he could have been buzzing around my spot earlier.

11 minutes ago, Restyle said:

Perfect sized snappers for the bbq 

id personally throw the tailor back.

The reddies are always welcome. As for the tailor, I eat them sometimes, which is what is happening with this one. Filleted, avocado/lemon topping, fillets baked, served on mash with veges.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Yowie said:

The reddies are always welcome. As for the tailor, I eat them sometimes, which is what is happening with this one. Filleted, avocado/lemon topping, fillets baked, served on mash with veges.

Always enjoy reading your update on fishing in Hacking. Cooking the catch is standalone skill and that is where the "average" fish can get some bonus edibility stars.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Larkin said:

Always manage a feed Dave! 👍

Not many yakkas inside at the moment - outside there’s a few schools on the reefs.

2 meals for the missus and myself.

Not a yakka to be caught where I was, even the sweep were not there.

On 10/9/2023 at 11:50 AM, Yowie said:

Headed out early this morning past Lilli Pilli into the deep.

The tailor early on, then the reddies turned up pinching all baits - pillies, tailor, squid strips. 3 that just made size, not much to show for a couple of hours, but something to take home. Fresh fish, better than buying it. No yakkas to catch.

Sammy the seal was lazing about on the surface for an hour or more, but stayed away from my boat.

A few salmon buzzing about after sun-up, followed a metal lure but no takers, so headed home.

fish.jpeg.415_files_files_files.jpg

Damm, not bad for a quite morning and i love tailor 

4 hours ago, jenno64 said:

You always get your minimum fillet quota Dave! It will warm up:)

Thanks Rob.

I spotted a few whiting cruising about on the run back to Gunnamatta, around the Lilli Pilli flats.

Had a swim at Eloura today, a few waves were dumping as the tide was dropping. The sand was churning up, and a fair distance off the shore. A few whiting cruising about, not big ones, and you would need half a house brick to keep your bait out there.  🤣

Edited by Yowie

3 minutes ago, Basil D said:

Damm, not bad for a quite morning and i love tailor 

Nothing wrong with a fresh tailor fillet. Not the big ones, under the 45 mark, or 40 and below are best.

Only just size reddies, nothing like your off shore ones, but happy to have a feed of them.

Edited by Yowie