Boys day out on Flatties

Pickles

@James Clain and his buddy Brady and I hit the Derrubbin, launching at Wisemans Ferry at the new ramp. (A Pity the council didn’t think of fisherman and put in a cleaning table or a wash down area 😡, but still charging $8.00.)

Anyway, we had a cracker session - Brady scoring some really nice Flatties - biggest we caught, gong 48cm and James, a cracker bream of 40cm and I caught the biggest fish (Stingray 😧 ) No Jewies at all today. There was a really small tide with only .3m difference, no wind till 11am and I had some fresh river prawns from one of my trawler mates, so destined for a successful outing.

IMG_1945.jpeg

IMG_1946.jpeg

IMG_1949.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, James Clain said:

Thanks for the great day out on the water Bob. Brady Just let me know that he really enjoyed eating the bream!

We will be having our flathead steaks tomorrow night and looking forward to it. 

Hope that you're doing alright James.  bn

• Thanks 1

Almost a NEAP tide Bob.

Supposedly not ideal for fishing, according to one particular charter operator in SA. He had no explanation for how we managed to get some massive Snapper on board, but we did.

What's your experience with NEAP tides Bob? Good, bad, or no different?

bn

10 hours ago, James Clain said:

Thanks for the great day out on the water Bob. Brady Just let me know that he really enjoyed eating the bream!

We will be having our flathead steaks tomorrow night and looking forward to it. 

An honour and a pleasure James - it’s great Brady likes bream, I’ll stop letting them go and send them his way.

didn’t think of fisherman and put in a cleaning table or a wash down area

Unfortunately, like most government/council infrastructure, it’s designed by some draftsman and engineer in an office, who know nothing about boating or fishing, then gets built by contractors who offer the best price, and as is often the result, things look great with seats and flowers, but the intended user is lost as to why it was done as it was.

Edited by noelm
  • Like 3