Bate Bay

Yowie

Headed out to Bate Bay this morning, a toss up between outside or up river. Still a few decent swell waves from the east, a light westerly and a current heading south. Guessing the current is more surface oriented.

Plenty of spikies around the 100 foot mark, and the blue spots were scattered when I drifted further out. I eventually tried in the 150 to 200 feet mark, an occasional spikey but nothing else. Out from the bombie was nothing doing at all.

No surface action, very few birds about.

Enough for a feed, about 3 hours of drifting. 

fish.jpeg.424_files_files_files.jpg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Isaac Ct said:

Better than nothing, good feed in the end. How is the water colour after the rain?

Yep, better than nothing. A little bit of colour in the water near the mouth, don't know about up river.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Larkin said:

Nice feed of flatties! 
Strangely hasn’t been many about for the past few months.

i was out there today too, saw someone fishing early morning out past middle ground - maybe was you?

Yes, was me. I saw a yellow ski, thinking maybe it was you then fog started drifting about and you disappeared. The Phantom. 🤣

Better than none. That was around where I pulled them up, further south and none there. I did drop a good sized one just under the boat, not sighted, but bigger than those landed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Crabstar said:

Still a feed there mate, i think im finally heading out Friday night around 10pm for a jew session (overnight) on the boat.... Just picking the spot where to go is the hardest!

Cannot help you there, but good luck giving it a go. The jewies lately up river have all be small, except for a big one near Lilli Pilli.

10 hours ago, Yowie said:

Yes, was me. I saw a yellow ski, thinking maybe it was you then fog started drifting about and you disappeared. The Phantom. 🤣

Better than none. That was around where I pulled them up, further south and none there. I did drop a good sized one just under the boat, not sighted, but bigger than those landed.

saw the tinny, and wondered if it was you. 

Yeah a bit of fog out there early on. Was out there looking for slimies on the reef at middle ground - only got one amongst the hundreds of yakkas.
Found them in numbers closer in.

2 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

Mr consistency as always, though this time it sounds like it was a little harder work than usual.

Still, a top feed all the same!

A bit of moving about to find them, happy with a few.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Great feed Dave - I’d swap Flatties for snapper any day, pity the Flatties don’t fight like snapper though, well done mate.

Thanks Bob. No complaints with flattie fillets.

7 hours ago, kantong said:

Nice to get a bag. I'm curious, how long do you spend at a spot before you decide to move on?

I was drifting along. The first drift started halfway along Bate Bay, and I ended up just south of the bombie. When it goes slow, I try and find the area where I pulled up a few blue spots. No sounder in my boat, just guess by the houses/trees/landmarks on the shore.

• Like 2