Jump to content

SCRATCHIE 2023


Scratchie

Recommended Posts

G’day Raiders,
 

Well it’s been a really big year for me and my family and I do apologise for not being as active as I normally am. I have been so busy with work, sporting commitments and family matters that has taken up my time during 2023.

Add to that an overseas trip and I haven’t done as much fishing as I would’ve liked to this year, but on the odd occasion that I have been out, I’ve definitely had some quality catches.

Most of the fishing that I’ve done has been thanks to @back cruncherConstantly hassling me, week in and week out, with the general text of “ you keen to go fishing”. Thanks Mick, you’re a bloody legend.
 

On the family front, my second son Brandon has signed a contract with the South Sydney in the under 21s and my daughter is contracted to the Bulldogs for the 2024 season. This means plenty of journeys up and down the freeway which represents a lot of my time taken. But I am so proud of their commitment and dedication and in turn, give them mine. 
 

Fishing wise, We started the year off with the intent to put a few marlin on the boat and we ticked off that list quite well and managed to get a few people there first Marlin. 
A few trips chasing snapper as usual has seen some quality fish into the high 80s. We’ve also had a mission to chase some really big kings and the past four trips for Mick and I have yielded 4 quality bruts over the 120cm mark with plenty of dustings.

Next year, unfortunately, I can see a very full calendar of sport and work, which will mean very limited fishing for me. But I will take every opportunity that I get to get out on the water.

I hope that all Raiders have a very happy and safe Christmas and New Year period And tight lines for 2024.

Cheers scratchie!!! 
 

51CDFF20-C79C-4060-A8FD-5E5433F383DD.thumb.jpeg.300481ce3d388ca0b5cde48fbd6808db.jpeg

3A2B1BD4-C653-4502-9CB6-5A79FEFCF359.thumb.jpeg.c275ab0e703d9d459bf414a3c739d1e4.jpeg

IMG_4636.thumb.jpeg.8a89873f0beafa8645466c5d6c6e211d.jpeg

IMG_2007.thumb.jpeg.ad245ec2f35783237aa6d651911b1a16.jpeg

IMG_2069.thumb.jpeg.ef54bad9763181e2ffd5aec6704fbb61.jpeg

IMG_2074.thumb.jpeg.8aa08651c26741948a1ddd43389039a9.jpeg

IMG_3009.thumb.jpeg.e9cd90ffe94f1bece0fd67251e3eed3a.jpeg

IMG_3621.thumb.jpeg.85f673d6e7f5bbd2236111b97c6a638c.jpeg

IMG_3717.thumb.jpeg.d7e6de12f9cadecb4f62399a0f9c8649.jpeg
 

IMG_3867.thumb.png.a8c5583adefdccde00a3706e50f4a18e.png

IMG_3892.thumb.jpeg.a5833cb8607b0e698965679523ebd569.jpeg

IMG_3947.thumb.jpeg.ba4d173e362f5f3049e5768bc81e4050.jpeg

IMG_4031.thumb.jpeg.4701405dac538457ed5ef7a764f43676.jpeg

IMG_4030.thumb.jpeg.a3a13c398033e54fb2caf9ee2db8e48c.jpeg

IMG_4169.thumb.jpeg.340376afe208052ea48f7f9aa3ecabef.jpeg

 

 

  • Like 18
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We've certainly noticed your absence from these pages Scratchie but knew there would be good reason. 

I would like to wish you and your family continued success in all that you do. 

I also wish you all a great Christmas together and Peace and Happiness as you each go your own way in 2024.

Cheers, bn

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good to see you are still alive and kicking. For a while there I thought that King Neptune had put you into a berley pot. :074:

Some great fish in those photos, as per usual.

Good luck to the kids in their sporting quests. 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The blessing and curse of talented children @Scratchie! You’re a great dad supporting your kids in all their pursuits to extent that you do.

Good to see you still got out for some fishing and by looks of things you haven’t lost your touch. A few species in there that I never realised you chased!

Hoping the Christmas break gives you and your family a chance for some R&R and also to celebrate everything you’ve achieved in 2023.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great to read your update, @Scratchie! You have been, and certainly will be, extremely busy, supporting those talented kids of yours!

And thanks for arranging for me to fish with you and Mick @back cruncher the other day! It was a thoroughly enjoyable day out on the water after my long hiatus and you helped me break my drought!… I was happy with a pan-sized red on plastic, a legal king, and to at least have my arms stretched by a brute, even if he reefed me. I enjoyed watching Mick battle his hoodlum and your careful manoeuvring of the boat to coax him out into deeper, cleaner water.

Thanks for a great day out Jeff and Mick! It has whet my appetite and will tide me over until I can get out when the holidays are over. 🙏 😎 

IMG_4179.jpeg

IMG_4597.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/20/2023 at 6:15 PM, bessell1955 said:

I wish your children all the very best in pursuing a sporting career.

Thanks mate appreciate it 

On 12/20/2023 at 6:47 PM, big Neil said:

We've certainly noticed your absence from these pages Scratchie but knew there would be good reason. 

I would like to wish you and your family continued success in all that you do. 

I also wish you all a great Christmas together and Peace and Happiness as you each go your own way in 2024.

Cheers, bn

Cheers BN. All the best for Xmas and NY to you too! 

On 12/20/2023 at 7:50 PM, Yowie said:

Good to see you are still alive and kicking. For a while there I thought that King Neptune had put you into a berley pot. :074:

Some great fish in those photos, as per usual.

Good luck to the kids in their sporting quests. 👍

Hahahaha yowie! At least you never change! lol 

Mate, I’m pretty happy with the conversion rate with my fishing. Generally if you don’t put in the time then you don’t deserve it. Guess I’ve had my lean times 😂

 

On 12/20/2023 at 9:50 PM, Hoods said:

Thanks for the report Scratchie.

Is that a different boat??!!

no probs! Not my boat, it’s Micks. Absolute weapon 

On 12/21/2023 at 5:19 AM, mrsswordfisherman said:

Thanks for taking the time to visit us. You have a very busy life now indeed. 
Great pics 👏

Thanks Donna! Yes it’s been a hectic year full of ups and downs. Time to soldier on and make 2024 a memorable one

On 12/21/2023 at 8:29 AM, Little_Flatty said:

The blessing and curse of talented children @Scratchie! You’re a great dad supporting your kids in all their pursuits to extent that you do.

Good to see you still got out for some fishing and by looks of things you haven’t lost your touch. A few species in there that I never realised you chased!

Hoping the Christmas break gives you and your family a chance for some R&R and also to celebrate everything you’ve achieved in 2023.

Thanks Mike! I’ll chase anything that swims lol 

And yes my kids are a blessing and a curse. But I’ve always told them that if they commit then I will too! Busy times ahead 

On 12/22/2023 at 4:26 PM, Berleyguts said:

Great to read your update, @Scratchie! You have been, and certainly will be, extremely busy, supporting those talented kids of yours!

And thanks for arranging for me to fish with you and Mick @back cruncher the other day! It was a thoroughly enjoyable day out on the water after my long hiatus and you helped me break my drought!… I was happy with a pan-sized red on plastic, a legal king, and to at least have my arms stretched by a brute, even if he reefed me. I enjoyed watching Mick battle his hoodlum and your careful manoeuvring of the boat to coax him out into deeper, cleaner water.

Thanks for a great day out Jeff and Mick! It has whet my appetite and will tide me over until I can get out when the holidays are over. 🙏 😎 

IMG_4179.jpeg

IMG_4597.jpeg

It was great to finally get you out Baz. Mick and I have been talking about it for a while. I’m glad that things aligned. We will get you that Marlin next year too! 👍

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...