Port Hacking

After a few weeks not fishing the hacking was nice to be back. Headed out solo in the dark to the deep at lilli pilli. Baits were pillies, squid and live yakkas and yakka fillets. Lots of school Jewies around with a few double ups . Ended up with 9 schoolies the most I’ve got in a trip before. Only small snapper around and no other action although plenty of pilchards and yakkas around, a cormorant came over briefly and made getting baits in very hard. Managed the Mack tuna on a metal.

Sun up and picked up @kobi caught a fish and trolled some Livies around for no luck. Anchored at a spot for kings for a while for no luck, lots of bonito and Mack tuna swimming around but none hooking up, just a few follows and half hits. After a while called it quits on the kings and headed to maianbar got some nippers and kobi managed the crab, smaller whiting and bream. I got the flathead on a top water. Was pretty quiet so moved to lilli pilli and picked up the big whiting (39) and also landed a bream around 33 which was released. All in all an alright day but pretty slow

IMG_1054.thumb.jpeg.94b188b051031c0be3fe4f57135788aa.jpeg

• Like 13

A few Jewies and a good feed! 
Waters warming right up if the Mac’s have arrived. 
Try trolling some small skirts if the Bonnie’s are around. The silstar Christmas tree ones work very well at around 15klm/h

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Yowie said:

There you go Issac, I left some fish for you. 🤣

Good sized whiting, to go with the other fish, so a nice feed on the way.

Thanks Yowie, took us a while to get them but worth it. Saw a few big eagle rays as well.

11 hours ago, jenno64 said:

Nice mixed bag Isaac! It was a bit slow today, had to move around a fair bit to get a feed!

Thanks mate

10 hours ago, Larkin said:

A few Jewies and a good feed! 
Waters warming right up if the Mac’s have arrived. 
Try trolling some small skirts if the Bonnie’s are around. The silstar Christmas tree ones work very well at around 15klm/h

Cheers for tip, really hoping I can get onto some kings

4 hours ago, big Neil said:

Good to read that the Hacking is providing for so many Raiders. Looks like there are some good Whiting about.

bn

Thanks Neil 

10 hours ago, Isaac Ct said:

Thanks Yowie, took us a while to get them but worth it. Saw a few big eagle rays as well.

You want a big fish. Try an eagle ray on the whiting gear. :074:

21 hours ago, Yowie said:

You want a big fish. Try an eagle ray on the whiting gear. :074:

Far out, hooked one today and left me with little to no line left

9 hours ago, Blackfish said:

I think its a Female Blue Swimmer

Spot on, perfectly legal to keep in nsw without the eggs

• Like 1