Short morning Bass session - left them biting

Newbie Ty, wanted to catch a Bass on a lure. Because the seas and swell have been so crook lately, it was “freshwater or no water”. I promised him 12 fish before 11am. As it was, we boated 22 Bass, by 9 am and finished up with 34 Bass and 2 flathead by 10am and dropped at least a dozen more, many were double hookups.

Once the sun came up the fishing slowed up and I didn’t want the young bloke to think fishing is always a “success” (last trip we boated 30 Jewies and 7 flathead). God was good, the moon was right, there was no wind and the tide was perfect.

IMG_7577.jpeg

IMG_2255.jpeg

IMG_2250.jpeg

IMG_2251.jpeg

IMG_7576.jpeg

IMG_2247.jpeg

Edited by Pickles
  • Like 22

3 minutes ago, XD351 said:

Great work Bob! One of the most addictive things on earth is a hot bass bite - especially when they’re smashing surface lures !

So much fun.

• Like 1

Well done Bob. I've never caught a bass or ep something that's on my to do list. 

What sort of lures work well on these guys?

Any chance you can PM me the location assuming it's accessible from the kayak? TIA

• Like 1

Nice work there Bob. 

I still remember the day catching bass on live prawns, on my whiting rod. The rod bent in half like a horseshoe as they powered away.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2024 at 12:02 PM, whiskey299 said:

Well done Bob. I've never caught a bass or ep something that's on my to do list. 

What sort of lures work well on these guys?

Any chance you can PM me the location assuming it's accessible from the kayak? TIA

Hey @whiskey299, happy to take you out and show you, but can pm you also, but a looong paddle - let me know

Another successful day on the water Bob. I know that you like to get offshore but you still manage to catch fish and squid regularly while you wait for the weather to come good. Some very nice, healthy Bass pictured. Cheers, bn