Care whilst casting

dirvin21

Fishing a comp with Amy on the weekend, she was a little eager to get casting when we spot locked and I wasn't paying attention, result a lovely nose piercing, 

Thankfully it was just a nose and not an eye and all it cost me was a few swear words and blood

Screenshot_20241020-080907_Messenger.thumb.jpg.2208c796d14db4c00456e5a030d83281.jpg

received_537876685615869.thumb.jpeg.f393fda0cdd6d923ed885db243a15f00.jpeg

received_1054329709768531.thumb.jpeg.5c1a7f105ab37aa6046689b4e059aed8.jpeg

Amy even got a prize pack for "the best cast" in the comp

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

At least Amy caught "something".  🤣

Many years ago, I put a treble hook into my mate's finger. Could not get it out, so removed the treble from the lure and continued fishing. Eventually returned to his home, used the pliers to push the single hook of the treble through until the barb popped out (that caused him some pain 😂 ) snipped off the barb then backed the hook out. Eventually healed.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Painful way to put a bit of scent on an SP for sure but I guess Amy knew what she was doing - after all she caught you (again). 😂

In all seriousness though, I feel for you having had a hook through the shin last year (with a mahi attached).

All the best with the recovery.

Cheers 

Zoran

4 hours ago, dirvin21 said:

Amy even got a prize pack for "the best cast" in the comp

Did she put you on the brag mat and send a photo back to tournament HQ?🤣

So I teach my kids that they need to ‘social distance’ when casting…I think your photo will be a good illustration to explain why!😎

• Haha 6

Ouch mate, that would hurt but makes a great story!!

After having a cod hanging off a HB treble in my index finger while about 4kms down river in the kayak, I now always have small boltcutters with me whenever fishing.

It happened very quickly and I was fortunate I was fishing with a mate and not solo - once we got the cod off , after a big of wiggling (and squealing) we got the hook out with a loop of leader and a quick tug, he used the age old method of telling me he would pull it on the count of 3, and did it on 2!!

• Haha 5

You were fortunate… try having a 70cm angry dollie attached to your shin with a 6/0 … that you have to remove yourself as your Amigo friends kept fishing the hot bite 😳

There’s a video of that floating around here somewhere 🤪

Has me thinking - Dave and Amy would make a skilled crew 🤔🤣

cheers Z

Edited by zmk1962
  • Haha 3

Worst one i saw was at Avoca back in the 80's, big metal lure, big treble and big backswing. Neither the caster or the victim were paying attention (there was at least 30 guys chucking metal when it happened) . The treble tore a big hole in the victims mouth and upper lip and the lure broke his nose and gave him a very black eye. Nasty to say the least.

• Sad 1