Big Flattie

wdfish

Hi fellow fish maniacs,

on the topic of big flatties a mate of mine who lives down the coast works with a bloke that caught this flattie. The story goes he was out fishing with his young son, caught a 30cm whiting and handed to his young son to play with while he sorted something else out. A short while later and drifting, the boat started to be dragged (slowly) towards an old wharf. After a fair tussle, this is the flatty that was landed...

!!!!!

post-1568-1140072714_thumb.jpg

Holy sh1t.

That is one awesome flatty.

Shame it was killed as it was a big breeder, but nice fish.

Cheers

Hi fellow fish maniacs,

on the topic of big flatties a mate of mine who lives down the coast works with a bloke that caught this flattie. The story goes he was out fishing with his young son, caught a 30cm whiting and handed to his young son to play with while he sorted something else out. A short while later and drifting, the boat started to be dragged (slowly) towards an old wharf. After a fair tussle, this is the flatty that was landed...

!!!!!

no idea re length but it would have to be 1 mtr ( maybe + ).Weight would have to be close to 15 kg mark as I have seen another pic of a flatty that was about 2/3rd the size and it weighed 7.5kg cleaned, and it was way smaller than this one....yeah would have been nice to take a pic and release, but somedays :05: to us all even big momma flatties...

catch ya later

cheers wd

no idea re length but it would have to be 1 mtr ( maybe + ).Weight would have to be close to 15 kg mark as I have seen another pic of a flatty that was about 2/3rd the size and it weighed 7.5kg cleaned, and it was way smaller than this one....yeah would have been nice to take a pic and release, but somedays :05: to us all even big momma flatties...

catch ya later

cheers wd

thats a CROC :1yikes:

ive caught a 102 cm flattie that weighed 7kg, that fish looks bigger than a metre and could very well be 12+kgs

PB means personal best and IMO means in my opinion.

Could you imagine getting spiked by that fatty OUCH

If it thrashed its head a spike would probably go right through your hand :074: could you imagine Steve Erwin trying to pick the old girl to show the camera (while it was alive) that would be a cracka CRICKY :biggrin2:

Guest fishrunner

Big and beautiful they are, but at that size very dry on the plate.

I say chase them, but if you get one, capture it on a photo and watch that beauty swim away! :thumbup:

cheers

Bloody hell what a monster, I'd be interested to know as well do these huge fish get too old to breed?

I'd imagine that would be a pretty mature old girl.

I reckon it would be pretty ordinary eating but I'm not getting into that whole catch and release debate again.

I'd love to hook up to a specimen like that