Work Shops

SUFFO

Hi all, I am only new with the web site and was wondering if anybody organizes any type of workshops on rigs,techniques,equipment,how to read the bloody moon and tides etc,etc?Some fundamentals of fishing!Even showing how some products work.

Thanks

SUFFO :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

A question for the Mod's,

I was just looking at the Calender function, is there any way that you can change the font to a different colour for activities looking at the Kingfish social it does not stand out from the B'days.

This maybe a good way to hi-light activities and futere w/shop days??

Pete

Hey Stewy,I seem to see alot of questions being asked about rigs for specific fish or how to rig certain baits.This could be a start or how to rig some lures as I wonder sometimes how people get the lures down so deep.By all means keen to see new products and thier applications also.

I don't know how keen some are or sponsers are but maybe table a meet each or every second month?I guess it would depened also on roll up.Would mid week evenings be better for most people?

How long would it take to organize?

I am off from 3rd Feb 07 for three weeks and planning on fishing so I am still keen.

Keep me posted.

Cheers

Suffo :1fishing1:

Hey Stewy,I seem to see alot of questions being asked about rigs for specific fish or how to rig certain baits.This could be a start or how to rig some lures as I wonder sometimes how people get the lures down so deep.By all means keen to see new products and thier applications also.

I don't know how keen some are or sponsers are but maybe table a meet each or every second month?I guess it would depened also on roll up.Would mid week evenings be better for most people?

How long would it take to organize?

I am off from 3rd Feb 07 for three weeks and planning on fishing so I am still keen.

Keep me posted.

Cheers

Suffo :1fishing1:

Fella's,

I'm also new to the site and would be keen for an organised night.

Cheers

Kurt

Ok guys and gals. The workshops are a very good idea.

This will take some organising and planning. We will hold a meeting in live chat in the near future to get some ideas on topics, venue etc and perhaps hold a quick poll.

Please keep the ideas coming. All suggestions are taken on board as this is your site :thumbup:

Watch this space - topic is now pinned

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

A question for the Mod's,

I was just looking at the Calender function, is there any way that you can change the font to a different colour for activities looking at the Kingfish social it does not stand out from the B'days.

This maybe a good way to hi-light activities and futere w/shop days??

Pete

Thanks Pete for the suggestion, however I am unable to change the colour on topic header (which is what appears on the calendar). This is why I decided to capitalise it to make it stand out a little. Text format is only available on the main body.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Ok guys and gals. The workshops are a very good idea.

This will take some organising and planning. We will hold a meeting in live chat in the near future to get some ideas on topics, venue etc and perhaps hold a quick poll.

Please keep the ideas coming. All suggestions are taken on board as this is your site :thumbup:

Watch this space - topic is now pinned

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Thanks Pete for the suggestion, however I am unable to change the colour on topic header (which is what appears on the calendar). This is why I decided to capitalise it to make it stand out a little. Text format is only available on the main body.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

I understand what you are saying, how about a new topic header in the General fishing section Workshops or something similar??

Pete

I went to a workshop at a non-sponsor's tackle shop on catching big Jewfish and Kingfish a couple of years ago . From memory it cost about $80 per head and was a two-three hour seminar style presentation. The info that was passed on was priceless and I really enjoyed it (though I'm clearly a thicky as I have yet to actually catch either species).

As the workshop was held in a room opposite the tackle store, the end of the session saw most attendees walk straight into the shop and buy heaps of the gear they'd just been told about.

I thought the workshop was a really good idea and enjoyed it thoroughly - I'd definitely attend a Raider organised session provided the topics are relevant to my fishing.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes mate watch this space for further info

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

i could get the guys from mbt lures and myself (decky on bounty hunter ) and maybe the skipper charlie stope to do something on marlin fishing if you guys want .

anything happening?

We will be getting this all organised soon as their a few people to talk with and details to sort out then we will be on our way :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

All of the above sounds great, can you arrange speakers to talk very loudly, its along way from Sydney to Orange!!!

Ah well, I'm sure I will be able to get to one eventually :(

Just another thought, perhaps some info / workshops on boating in the future too? I notice alot of ppl here talking about how they see lots of boaties doing silly things. Perhaps with the vast amount of knowledge here someone might be willing to show a few of us some general boat tips. IE Launch / retreival tips, choppy condition driving tips etc. Sometimes all the advice in the world that you read can be summed up with one practical lesson, the old adage, monkey see monky do always works for me.

Dunno, just a suggestion, I realise there is an AWESOME amount of work involved in trying to arrange this kinda thing. Whatever the outcome the advice here is and always will be invaluable to Boofheads like me :biggrin2: