Hooked

forever

post-1923-1170549807_thumb.jpgi will keep it nice and short,

went out today only to nearly lose my eye to a fishing lure,thanks to my brother.we come a school of tailor which we where trying to get some lives for those monster jews.second cast in, my brother hooks me in the eye, with a 3 hook lure,2 hooks get in lodge in my eye borrow,so you can only image what i was feeling.

i tried to remove the hooks myself but had no luck, so it was time to go to hospital.get to hornsby hospital to be meet by 5 doctors who where freakin out, as they had not seen anything like it before.after 3 hours, they decided to send me to RNS hospital,to see a eye surgoen.was meet by 3 top eye surgeon in nsw,which they did not believe what they where in for ,there facial expression made me fear the worst,all i could think about was losing my eye to a lure.after examing my eye for an hour, it was time to operator.we go into surgery, 30 min later i was back in recovery.they could not believe how luckly i was not to lose my eye, not even to scratch the eye bore.the last person that was similiar to me was not so luck, he did lose an eye.anyway back home like nothing happened,so to all fishos,these pics are to make everyone of us aware of how easy it is to have accidents on the water

These pics should win the FISH OF THE month comp.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are one lucky dude!!

That could have had a horrible ending and glad you

came out of it almost unscathed.

i agree with the others...Your brother owes you a few lottery tickets.

Hope your recovery goes well.

Cheers,

Pete.

That's nasty. I've seen people hooked up before and as a boy, I once got a small long shank in the cheek which my grandfather removed by cutting and pushing through with pliers, but I've never seen anything like that.

How did your brother feel when he saw you with his treble in your scone?

Hard to say your lucky when that's happened to you but in view of what could have been I guess you are. Well done for pulling through that one and good to see you could still raise a smile for the camera. Did they take pics at the hospital? Your photo should be used in ER training!

Holy Sh*t :( you poor bugger, glad it wasnt much worse for you, get stuck into that brother of yours :mad3: just in case hes not feeling guilty enough. How did you manage to crack a smile in that situation? I rkn fhm will publish your pic if you send it to them.

You are one lucky man, how did :wife: handle things

Hope you got your lure back :1prop:

You hear about people getting hooks in them all the time and take it for

granted that it just happens, until you see how serious it could get

heal up quick

Chris

Edited by Chris 55

Guest IFishSick.

Lucky too that your brother let go of the line when he tried to cast or your eye would have been sitting in the middle of a school of Tailor.

Can't beleive your luck.

OMG

I can hardly type because tears are running down my cheeks. I hate anything to do with the eyes.

I can't wear mascara because tears appear while I'm putting it on.

You are so lucky not to have any permanent damage.

Might be time to wear safety glasses when fishing with your brother.

Glad you're ok. Keep smiling.

How's your brother feeling?

hey guys,

thanks for all your support,as for my bro, he feels like shit every time someone bring it up,

yes i got my lure back and as for the photos, the ER doctors took plenty of photos so they can show tell in there lecture

Mate - I'm glad to hear that you're OK. There are many places a hook can get stuck in your body - all of them painful - but only the eye has the potential to disable you for the rest of your life. Its one of the reasons that every guide I have ever used wears sunnies while guiding.

It all ended OK for you, with some pretty good pictures too, so I guess it's not worth dwelling on what might have been.

Just very glad you're not too badly injured.

Hey foreverfishing great outcome to a bad situation. Good kudos to you :thumbup: . Give your bro a good "that's allright matey not too much damage done" :( . I know the feeling when you do something that eff's up and somebody ends up hurting.

Cheers

Evil

Edited by Evil

Mate - I'm glad to hear that you're OK. There are many places a hook can get stuck in your body - all of them painful - but only the eye has the potential to disable you for the rest of your life. Its one of the reasons that every guide I have ever used wears sunnies while guiding.

It all ended OK for you, with some pretty good pictures too, so I guess it's not worth dwelling on what might have been.

Just very glad you're not too badly injured.

:dito: I've been hooked in the mouth, but I can only imagine what it was like to cop a lure in the eye. That's what I'm most afraid of - of all places on the body, the eye would have to rate as one of the most frightening. I'm so glad that you came out of it alright - sounds like you found a great eye surgeon. I'm glad I wear glasses.

Flattieman.