Jigging Machines - Bags Of Kings

R_Zee

Fellow Raiders..

have been perfecting this jigging business over the last 6 months..

now that the water is nice and cold i have been getting "many many kingfish" like our japanese friends say.

got my bag limit on saturday with my friends Nasser (10 kings) and a sampson and 1 travelly , got my bag limit on sunday with Kelvin and his kids (20 kings) and a bonito and im hoping the colder months will be holding some bigger and better fish.

Tony

post-2217-1180941360_thumb.jpg

GOOD work tones ur a legend

mate u make it look SO easy...

i only wanna crack the 1m mark :mad3: once im not being THAT greedy hehe'

excellent work mate to u and kelvin

cheers steve

I don't think you are a jigging machine but a jigging ANIMAL!

I just feel sorry for your stella n saltiga- THey just get hammered all the time! Cheers Kelvin

Edited by namesay

Nice haul of kingies Tony.

You must have biceps like Popeye by now after 6 months of jigging. :biggrin2:

There sure are some big kings around ATM...looks like the rats have left it to the hoods

to do battle.

Great work

Cheers,

Pete.

Hey tony,

I was out with kef again on saturday and we thought we did alright catching a few rats in the harbour then he called me and told me you guys bagged out jigginng!!!! :1badmood:

Well done mate nice haul!!!

Edited by fishlexic

nice fsh m8...u get thse off syd? :thumbup:

There is no secret to where these kings are.

i jigged off sydney this weekend.

people stick to the peak and 12 mile... there are millions and millions of reefs out there.

little pinnacles everywhere which can all hold fish... depending on their moods.

do alot of sounding around, until you find what looks like kings... then you have a drop.

you can have a look at Kelvin's furuno, it's (just the way he likes it) :1prop: full of kings.. we got our bag in a couple of hours.

all you need is:

1- a reliable sounder

2- good judgment of the current

3- good gear (solid rod and reel, 50lb+ braid, 80lb min leader)

4- some stamina to keep going

I prefer fishing off sydney as i live near a boat ramp, but i always mix it up.

i also jig off JB, pittwater, terrigal, stanwell tops etc...

Best fishing i think is JB but Sydney is currently my number one spot.

i agree that the biggest fish are caught close to the bottom, with little action..

my number one tip would be not to jig too fast, you have a better chance jigging all day so keep your jig in the water.

Tony

post-2217-1180953798_thumb.jpg

thanks for the info R ZEE!

any type of jig to invest in! do you set up with 1 assist hook from the top of jig?

saltiga sacrifice is my favourite jig but it's abit heavy on the pocket.

river to sea has proven to work very well.

i caught many kings on williamsons and sure catch as well

plenty of sauries and pillies in the fish's belly so i'd go with a jig with blue in it.

one hook up the top.. Kelvin uses Mustad (shorter rig) , i prefer saltiga (longer rig) and i wont get into the theories behind either option :P .. 7/0 and over as the hooks pull on the big fish especially with the heavy drags we fish.

Tony

Edited by R_Zee

thanx for the information m8...greatly appreciated!!! :thumbup: ......i have done quite a bit of jigging mainly off tweed heads.....however have nver really done that much off sydney...have tried the peak a few times and have never really found ne good readings on my sounder...nothing like urs!....will give it anoher go off syd this week may try syd harbour round northerner etc...hopefully get some

cheers

alex

Congratulations Tony on scoring some nice Kings and you deserve it too with all the hard yakka involved in jigging those big slices of metal :thumbup: I jigged yrs ago and still feel like shit when I think about how my arms and shoulders ached :074:

Keep up the good work

Cheers Stewy

Gees Stewy don't you miss the pain? I think our little group of kingie fishers are addicted to jigging. There is something hypnotic about jigging. It has taken me a couple of years to figure things out with these jigs but now we just can't get enough. The only problem is that I can't go past a tackle shop without checking out their jig collection. Must have half a ton of these in my boat now! CHeers Kelvin

Tony, sorry master..........

well done mate. those SMS are killing me

we still on for the weekend

cheers

AdamK

mate the way the weather predictions are reading it looks like the misses will finally get some quality weekend time :1prop:

R_Zee,

What is your biggest king you have caught jigging and on what brand,size and colour jig and where abouts was it caught?? Is now the time to get out there if you want a big king, Do you know what is or are the best method's of targeting the big kings 15kg plus?? live baiting and jigging?? Do you know would that be 2 of the best options?? should you work the jig slow or fast for big 15kg plus kings?? What pound mainline and leader would you suggest going with, what would be minimum and what would be maximum?? Do you use wind-on's at all??