Syd Harbour 9/8/07

Penguin

Hi every one, went out for a fish on the Harbour this afternoon with a few mates.

Went and anchored up between Bluefish and Nth Head, and we got non stop Trevs

double and triple hook ups, got sick of catchin them after a while, and came back

inside and went over to Clifton we cooked up a feed of fresh Trevs on the bbq and

made a salad as well.After we had eaten we started to fish again and it was Trev

after Trev again for a couple of hours.I was gettin bored catchin fish.I needed to

catch something else.Then it happened the damn little snappers from hell joined the

Trevs. :05: We couldnt take it no more and packed up and set off for home. :(

Our tally was 82 Trevs (yes someone did keep a rough count). 15 of these were

kept for the table between 4 of us, and 4 were cooked up on board the boat.We

got a few XOS Yakkas, 2 of these were live baited,we got one good run but our Yakka

was spat back out.

Cant wait to get out there again but this time to catch some other species.

penguin

post-1664-1186657325_thumb.jpg

Hi Penguin

A good day by the sounds of it mate. Ya didn't mean it when ya said, "getting bored catchin fish" I'd hate to think you have gone :wacko: or something like that. The Harbour just had that look about it today. Can't wait for silly season to get here. Good on ya mate.

Russ

Hi Penguin

A good day by the sounds of it mate. Ya didn't mean it when ya said, "getting bored catchin fish" I'd hate to think you have gone :wacko: or something like that. The Harbour just had that look about it today. Can't wait for silly season to get here. Good on ya mate.

Russ

Mate I meant it, I got sick of them, I would have given almost anything for a Bream,Flatty,

King or anything else.

penguin

Hi penguin

Nothing better than eating fish so fresh on the boat and then getting back into it. Shame nothing else came along for variety.

What bait were they taking and do you drop to the bottom or float back in a berley trail.

Thanks in advance - still learning loads off here and hope to get out next week for a morning fish. Have tried before around there but got little snapper and it was a constant in and out on the motor as we were drifting in too close too fast. Maybe we should have kept on for while with sone bigger baits but the little snapper snaffle everything it seems. Bit like leatheries only they don't take your tackle. Do you anchor up?

Thanks

Pel

Good work mate! 82 is an awesome tally! I was out the other day and the bream started up first and then after about 20 mins couldnt get anything past the trevs, in the end i just started havin fun and experimenting with different plastics! They'r good fun and go well for their size hey! Congrats again!!

Nice one!!!! We haven't had a hit on live yakka ina fair while now!!!! Im starting to loose faith again! We are going to give itt another crack in the morning though so hopefully we can change that!!!!

I dont think ive caught 82 fish in total let alone one day.

Well done fellas, fresh fish and Salad. You should have motored to Watsons Bay and cooked that up in front of them. They would have been paying around $25 bucks each for a feed like that over there :074::074:

cheers

kiwi Dan

Hi penguin

What bait were they taking and do you drop to the bottom or float back in a berley trail

Thanks

Pel

Peeled prawns caught 55% and Pillie pieces 40%,and 5% on Whitebait

when the Prawns ran out.

We got them free floating in the berley trail at Nth Head,

and we got em on the bottom and in the berley trail at Clifton.

penguin

Edited by penguin

well done on the catch mate...

the trev's have come in very good numbers early in their season. It sure is a good sign for the bigger trevs that'll start popping out in the next month.

Yes I hope so, the largest ones we got were 40-43cm, but most were around the 36-38cm mark.

penguin