Squid Strips For Downrigging Video

netic

great info oz,

i tend to put out thinner strips but might give the fat one a go..

have you noticed any better success with fatter strips over thin ones...

great idea to put pics as some people just learning the ropes so to speak will get alot more outa this than just words...

cheers... steve......

great info oz,

i tend to put out thinner strips but might give the fat one a go..

have you noticed any better success with fatter strips over thin ones...

great idea to put pics as some people just learning the ropes so to speak will get alot more outa this than just words...

cheers... steve......

Mate we have always used the strips in that fashion, Always seems to get results for us, Other ways will also get results but this technique seems to work best for us, Rigging them that way will not allow the bait to spin on the rigger....thinner strips will spin more often then not on the rigger

Thanks Boys for such a informative and detailed explanation,

and showing others some great tips in making there baits last

:thumbup::thumbup:

Good stuff OZ,Steve

Cheers

johnno

Personally i strip into 1/4 strips

Hey Netic,

great idea to post a vid of the technique. I hope we get more tips on the site this way for people.... like the ever popular "how to tie a sliding snell". If a picture tells a thousand words a vid must tell about a million... really informative. Good one!

Slinky

Netic

Thanks for the video. It's excellent! :thumbup:

I hope you can do a few more. Your help is extremely valuable for beginners such as me.

Cheers

Peter

PS I think I met your mate Sal (and maybe you) and a few blokes out the front of a tackle shop about a month ago. We were looking at someone's new boat (2004 Quintrex 610 with a 4 stroke Johnson). My mate Syd was talking to them because he has the Freedom Sport with the same engine. Glad to hear that the new boat is beng put to good use. I didn't even think to ask if you were Raiders. :1prop:

Netic

Thanks for the video. It's excellent! :thumbup:

I hope you can do a few more. Your help is extremely valuable for beginners such as me.

Cheers

Peter

PS I think I met your mate Sal (and maybe you) and a few blokes out the front of a tackle shop about a month ago. We were looking at someone's new boat (2004 Quintrex 610 with a 4 stroke Johnson). My mate Syd was talking to them because he has the Freedom Sport with the same engine. Glad to hear that the new boat is beng put to good use. I didn't even think to ask if you were Raiders. :1prop:

Yeah thats a mates boat, I wasnt there that day

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

i have received alot of questions on how we rig up a squid strip for downrigging

So Steve and i did a quick video the last time we were out,

This is the way that works for us very well,

http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x310/ne...=Picture120.flv

hi netic great video,can you show me how to set up a downrigger,i have never fished with this setup before so any help would be gratful