Evening Of Hairtail

Catchin Jack

Hey Raiders,

Just wondering if anyone is up for a session on the Hawkesbury chasing hairtail one night soon?

Reports have been saying they're around and people have been catching them.

At least with a few boats we can spread out and find these critters.

I prefer Sunday, Monday or Tuesday nights.

Cheers,

Leo

Guest rzep

Johnv and I were talking about spending a night chasing the hairtail the other day. :frozen:

I will keep watch of this and if available when you guys head out then we will be there..

• 2 weeks later...

Not this weekend.

Cheers,

Leo

Hi all ,just toying with the idea of chasing those hairy critters next weekend 24/25 the tides are very good and it is also a full moon , although i dont know if they like a lot of moon,anyonee interested <or silly enough to try> we have three boats going at the moment , and there is allways room for a few more. Cheers Laurie.

Tonights the night i will give the Hairtail a go again tonight with my two youngest boys. I hope the weather is kind to all that may venture out tonight. There has been little talk about this weekend so maybe other raiders know some thing i dont anyway good luck and be safe to all.

Scotty

Tonights the night i will give the Hairtail a go again tonight with my two youngest boys. I hope the weather is kind to all that may venture out tonight. There has been little talk about this weekend so maybe other raiders know some thing i dont anyway good luck and be safe to all.

Scotty

I was out last weekend in the freezing cold in the middle of the night at jerusalem bay and not much activity. Only a few tailor and squid. I have heard of guys catching them at Waratah Bay lately and reckon thats your best bet for them.

Apparently the week up to full moon is not the best time for them. If you go tonight make sure you bring some red light sticks. They should increase your chances.

please post some pics up if you catch a few tonight.

cheers

Dangas

Not much to report from Waratah bay hairtail. plenty of small snapper two squid three bream and a top night on the water, my two boys had a ball. When returnig to the ramp at apple tree bay i was greeted by a nice fella who as it happens turns out to be the weigh master from a Concord club who where having their hairtail night also.I hope they had better luck and maybe one of them will be kind enough to post some results.

Scotty