Manly Mulloway

johnboy

I was fishing manly beach with a mate approximately 2 months ago when he baged this impressive mulloway of 17kg. The fish was taken on a live tailor that we had spun up that afternoon. The first livey was sent out at 8pm and the ratchet started screaming by 9pm. My mate freespooled the fish for 30m before leaning back and setting the hook firmly in the corner of the mouth. Then he took a good 30m run straight out after which he changed direction running parallel with the waves. The fight lasted 15mins, I then ran down into the suds and gilled the fish. There were some big cheers all round and we celebrated with fresh mulloway cutlets the next day. :yahoo:

post-12757-127847178733_thumb.jpg

Nice Jewie!! Very cunning with the late report - you don't have to share it with anyone! :biggrin2: None Left!! Hope you got a slice or two as the 'assistant Jewie catcher!"

Roberta

Great Jewie fellas. I really must have a crack at catching a jew one of these days - but i'm a little bit scared of the addiction. I'm still coming to terms with my Kingfish habit!

nice Jew fish and the reports keep comming about tailor been great bait for jew fish

Groper - Tailor are great bait for Kings as well... I caught a couple of mid 90s Kings last summer on downrigged bridled tailor :biggrin2:

Great Jewie fellas. I really must have a crack at catching a jew one of these days - but i'm a little bit scared of the addiction. I'm still coming to terms with my Kingfish habit!

What diff does it make- fishing addiction is fishing addiction no matter what you chase

... If you put in long hours and have a swag or 2 of tackle for one species then just like the rest of us you are an addict- and only a fix will stop the itch...

Im still itchin after 36 years only I get temporary relief from Breaming and other epscies and its not much effort- but its nothing compared to the itch from the sand lubber who cannot lock up on a decent Jew- kinda sad really :1badmood:

Well done champ nice prize jew,what moon phase was it when you caught it? what type of line were you using, mono,braid,and what type of surf rig did you use,very interested to know and learn.

Cheers

Leonidis