Battery Chargers

out n about

Good Morning Fellow Raiders,

I’m considering buy one of the following battery chargers. I was just after some feedback if any of you have one of them.

Are they any good or are they over priced? Also how long do you think it will take to charge a 60amp battery?

CTEK M45 12V 0.8/3.6A Battery Charger $139.00

CTEK M100 12V 7A Battery Charger $279.00

There is a bit of a price difference between the two so I just wanted to make sure they are worth it.

Thanks,

Out n About

Hi Out n About,

I have the ctek M45 installed in my boat with leads running to batteries, it has been in boat a couple of years,I plug it in when returning home, depending on time I was out,

a night fishing trip would take longer to charge, no more than 2 hrs,I would certainly recommend them.

Cheers Rick

Good Morning Fellow Raiders,

I’m considering buy one of the following battery chargers. I was just after some feedback if any of you have one of them.

Are they any good or are they over priced? Also how long do you think it will take to charge a 60amp battery?

CTEK M45 12V 0.8/3.6A Battery Charger $139.00

CTEK M100 12V 7A Battery Charger $279.00

There is a bit of a price difference between the two so I just wanted to make sure they are worth it.

Thanks,

Out n About

3.6 amp charger is fine. The lower amp rate you pump into a battery the better life you will get although the differance between the 3.6 and 7 amp charge rate is only small and as rick said he has had no trouble with this brand. I have a 30 amp charger cost about $600 and i have a cheap 2 amp charger that cost about $30 and I only use the cheap one it does the job and alot easyer to move around. It will charge my battery from near flat to full over night.

Hi Again-Out n About,

Sorry mate I forgot to tell U,before I put it in boat,

I use to charge my 45AH battery I used for my remote control golf buggy,our course is pretty hilly

and it only took 11/4 hours to charge fully.

cheers Rick.

I cannot speak about the smaller ones but I have a ctek 15000 and it's the ducks guts..

Look up specs on them they are real quality from my memory from about 3 yrs ago..

Mine cost me about $230 or $330 but I cannot remember where from..

I'm stuck in hospital ATM but if you pm me mid next week I can look up where I got mine.. The 15000 was overkill but considering the $ it was worth getting over smaller ones..

It's 5 stage computer controlled with a great mode thar resurrects dead flat ones that have calcification issues...

Using correct charger with give you many more yrs of trouble free battery life....

Hope this helps...

Cheers... Steve....

hospital?!?!? :1yikes:

mate is everything ok?

i swung past the boat shop already and picked up a M45 as i think it was the best one for me.

thanks for the info though mate and look after yourself.

Thx .. I had pains in kidney gut that were unbearable on Tuesday arvo, got to hospital just in time as I nearly had to have bowel op...

On the mend now and thank god for my iPhone to keep me sane as tv is so full of crap except tonights footy show ..

Hoping to get out by early next week...

As for the ctek you got I'm sure a guy i know has same mounted in boat with the terminal type connector and all he does is plug in extension cord and forget about it...

They smart charge and once full go to trickle mode to keep topped up...

Some chargers won't charge a completely flat dead battery but I rescued a mates one a while ago that other charger wouldn't do...

Worth every $ in my books, I now have a bep vsr switch unit and twin battery setup for peace of mind...

Cheers... Steve....

Edited by roosterman

mate thats no good.

thank god for the iPhone i say :biggrin2:

i hope you manage to get well very soon and hit the water again for a fish even sooner hehe.

look after your self and may catch you on the water some day.

thanks again for the help

cheers

dave

C-tec chargers are fully auto, if you get the bigger one it will charge your battery quicker but it will not damage it , you can leave it on all the time as sooon as she charges she goes in to maintenance mode.

I have the 7000 and it does the job well.

You can buy the 7000 for about $210-220 if you shop around .

If you can't get it for that gime a buz if you are in Sydney and I'll get it for you .

• 5 years later...

Im in the market for a battery charger to provide maintenance charge to the boat batteries. It's a dual battery set up with the 1 - 2 - off - both switch.

Just wondering if anyone has used the noco g15000 (https://no.co/g15000) or do most of you just use the CTEK version.

If you have used a Noco does anyone reviews in regards to the jump start feature if the battery was to go flat.

Just trying to get some ideas before dropping the cash.

Cheers

I bought a SCA Battery Charger - 7 Stage, 12 Volt, 10 Amp.

A bit cheaper then the CTEK at the time. Seems to be ok, it gets quite warm

so I don''t know if that will be an issue.

It's told me that three of my old batteries I had lying around are faulty so they are off to the recyclers

As far as I know, the amps relate to how fast you can charge it and as that number goes up, so does the price.

It has setting to charge the common types of batteries that are around atm.

cheers

I used to have a SCA charger, it was terrible. Even though it looked like it was working, it wasn't... so it killed my battery.

http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=79215&hl=%2Bbattery+%2Bcharger#entry569181

Ctek 7amp was $150 back then, doubt you'll find it for that price anymore. Great charger, highly recommend it.

I use C-Tek 7amp and am very happy with it.

My advice is lean towards the larger size in amps rather than the lower ones that suit your battery size otherwise it takes too long to charge especially when charging deep cycle batteries that have been run down low.

For general boating batteries size I wouldn't get smaller than 7 or 10amp myself.