Hungry Squid! and a face full of squid juice =)

quintrex480

Hi Raiders, the mrs has been complaining that I ain't bringing no squid home anymore. DON'T USE THEM ALL FOR BAIT!!! she always says LOL!

My meeting this morning got canned, so what else am I a suppose to do? load the yak and a quick squid session before heading into the office is what!! :D

First squid went a good size, and decided to get excited and squirt about a litre of ink all over me and the yak! not happy Jan! :ranting2:

Then on every drift, they came on board, dropped a couple too, my fault for not bringing the net.

As the water is cooling, the bigger ones are coming into the bay to spawn, and from the feel of their strikes, they are HUNGRY! so get out there and get them!!

post-16665-0-31878100-1368154533_thumb.jpg

post-16665-0-85768600-1368154558_thumb.jpg

Nice catch. I am new to kayak fishing, I was wondering if there are any tricks to catch them off the yak or special technique? I am wondering since the yak is so quiet, could you peddle/paddle around trolling squid lures to any success?

Mate the Harbour was the same for me last night getting 3 green eye and dropping 2 in 40 minutes at dusk.

They really were hitting the jigs hard. My boat got inked bad but I managed a quick " duck 'n' weave".

Mike

Great money shot!

Tasty dinner coming

ahhahaha yeah perfect! lucky i didn't have my mouth open!!! :D

Nice one!!! Good thing the sunnies saves ya eyes from ink =)

oh man! sunnies did nothing to protect my eyes, most of it landed on my forehead, and trickled down.

oh dayum!! he did you on the first date! lol nice catch dude : )

hahahaha yeah would have thought he'd leave it for the second date! ahahaha

Nice catch. I am new to kayak fishing, I was wondering if there are any tricks to catch them off the yak or special technique? I am wondering since the yak is so quiet, could you peddle/paddle around trolling squid lures to any success?

no tricks, same as what you would do on the boat or land based, the main thing is to get the jig down into the strike zone which is about 1m off the bottom. So whatever you do, be it a drift a slow troll or anchor, you have to make sure the jig is down there. Oh and also find the right colour as well, that goes a long way!

Nice work mr squid lol

thanks Luke!

A nice feed there.

Next time, put on a motorcycle helmet. :074: A little bit of squid ink goes a long way!

might have to try that one next time, not sure what kind of looks I'll be getting my way though ehehhe

I think all squid hunters should invest in one of these :

ca024969-a877-4976-9af2-56805765c0df_400

oh man! perfect, there could be a market right there for this!

Haha classic. Don't they use squid ink for pasta sauce in Italy?

I'm not kidding!

yes, the Japanese also put them in their noodles. I have tried it, and beats me why they do! taste like crap! ahahaha

Mate the Harbour was the same for me last night getting 3 green eye and dropping 2 in 40 minutes at dusk.

They really were hitting the jigs hard. My boat got inked bad but I managed a quick " duck 'n' weave".

Mike

tell u what, you got to be on your toes when you're reeling them in, but a bit hard to duck n weave in yak, pretty sure I'll be in the drink if I tried to hehehe

ahhahaha yeah perfect! lucky i didn't have my mouth open!!! :D

Salty if you swallow I have been told! Hahhahaah !!!

ahhahahhaha u have been told OR U KNOW??? LOL

Priceless photo and I guess your Mrs won't be complaining unless you convert them to kingie LOL

hahaha Gav, she would take a squid over a king any day, she ain't a big fan of sashimi, what a loser huh? LOL

Good stuff! I heard about this report before I actually saw it here. It must be getting a lot of people excited!

You heard about this beforehand? hmmmm.... who's spying on me? there was a guy who was LB that saw what happened, he couldn't stop laughing! LOL

Edited by quintrex480