Broughton island snapper

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

Just a quick report. We hit broughton island today in search of a few snapper. With the weather expected to be great with not much wind, anticipation was high. We did well in the morning and I managed a nice snapper and between us we dropped a few also.

post-24974-0-08187500-1410594472_thumb.jpg

I also managed a good bream going 38cm while the others played with a few pike and Sargent bakers.

post-24974-0-08859200-1410594646_thumb.jpg

We changed a few locations as the expected 4knot s/e winds were now 20knot n/e but that didn't deter us. I then landed a nice trev as the boys were now playing with the rockcods. I then landed another snapper and I was thinking wow, I'm on fire! That was until my sons brained farted and he dropped my iPhone overboard. Oh well, food for the table but I can't ring anyone to come share it with me!

Thanks for reading.

Cheers scratchie!!!

No good about the phone mate, my mrs done that to me once haha! Nice fish too, you done better than me, I still couldn't get those fish at the breakwall. I had one spit out an unweighted whitebait this morning and that was it. I literally tried everything, even a live baby occy. Bloody frustrating!

Edited by Dave_

No good about the phone mate, my mrs done that to me once haha! Nice fish too, you done better than me, I still couldn't get those fish at the breakwall. I had one spit out an unweighted whitebait this morning and that was it. I literally tried everything, even a live baby occy. Bloody frustrating!

They can be very frustrating mate. It's like Jew fishing, the more time you spend at it, the better the chance you are! Unlucky champ, next time let me know and I'll come join you!

Good to see you're still getting out there, Jeff! Would you believe I was in Port last weekend and didn't have a fish, even though I snuck a rod in the car?! It was cold and wet on the Friday (when I was on my own), so I gave it a miss and I picked up the missus from Newcastle station on Friday night. But Sat, Sun and Mon were magic days and we just enjoyed chillaxing around Shoal Bay and Nelson Bay. Saw some fellas doing well on bream and luderick from the Nelson Bay breakwall and was happy just watching, really. Anyway, I am happy to say that we now own real estate in Shoal Bay (investment place, then future retirement and why we were up last weekend), so have every excuse to get up there more often, even if it will be a while before we live there! So, hope to see you out on the water - I'd like to do the run up to Broughton when the weather's good in the company of another boat, if you're up for it!

Keep those reports coming!

Baz

Good to see you're still getting out there, Jeff! Would you believe I was in Port last weekend and didn't have a fish, even though I snuck a rod in the car?! It was cold and wet on the Friday (when I was on my own), so I gave it a miss and I picked up the missus from Newcastle station on Friday night. But Sat, Sun and Mon were magic days and we just enjoyed chillaxing around Shoal Bay and Nelson Bay. Saw some fellas doing well on bream and luderick from the Nelson Bay breakwall and was happy just watching, really. Anyway, I am happy to say that we now own real estate in Shoal Bay (investment place, then future retirement and why we were up last weekend), so have every excuse to get up there more often, even if it will be a while before we live there! So, hope to see you out on the water - I'd like to do the run up to Broughton when the weather's good in the company of another boat, if you're up for it!

Keep those reports coming!

Baz

Congrats on the investment mate. So looks like I'll see you around more often. I'll shadow you to broughton anytime!

Nice catch scratchie you'll have to show me how to catch them on plastics because I'm useless at it.

I can get them on floating baits but haven't got a clue with plastics.

No worries mate. I got them on both bait and SP's. I'm still getting the hang of plastics but they work!