Perfect Hawkesbury dusk session

seasponge

A beautiful evening last night was worthy of a relaxing pizza and wine on the local jetty. Not wanting to let the opportunity go to waste, I grabbed the rod and flicked some soft plastics out. Straight away was onto a nice flathead. Luckily I had brought the net down with me, but nothing else. Back up to the house with flattie in net, he was quickly disposed of and put straight into the fridge. Straight back down to the jetty, and I was on to another. Another trip back to the house to get a knife (I clearly hadn’t intended on catching much). In the end, landed 4 flatties. 3 of them keepers, with the largest one going 58cms.

Not a bad result for an impromptu lazy dusk session on a superb evening. I was stoked to land something. The jetty is a private jetty 200m from home, I have fished before, but I have never caught anything there, and had never been hopeful (it is a quiet channel that is closed off at one end at the Hawkesbury River rail station). Suffice to say I’ll be down there more frequently in future.

Time : Approx 7:30pm (middle of the run out tide)

Gear : Pumpkin seed Gulp SP’s on 6lb braid, 10lb leader

This follows on from a few other good sessions in the hawkesbury over the last couple of weeks, which i keep intending to post up.

post-34194-0-95985700-1418780611_thumb.jpg

post-34194-0-44106200-1418780661_thumb.jpg

post-34194-0-34656000-1418780680_thumb.jpg

post-34194-0-43758600-1418780692_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys.

Sunsets always look good over the water.

Did you end up finishing that pizza and wine?

I never got to touch the wine during the excitement, but my dear wife was handfeeding me pizza while I was working the squidgees :icon_razz:

....................................... Goodonya for sharing the location and details too.

Thanks. There's plenty more fish in the water than I could ever catch on my own! We all come here to learn and to improve our success rate - the more info exchanged the better! :1fishing1:

Thanks guys.

Thanks. There's plenty more fish in the water than I could ever catch on my own! We all come here to learn and to improve our success rate - the more info exchanged the better! :1fishing1:

Nicely said sponge.

Pretty simple really, we should respect those that share something with us and we should commend those that share all.

Cheers Blood Knot