sam bros

Hey fellow Raiders,

With such great weather, we decided to go fishing a couple days ago off central coast. :fishing1: There is 2 parts to this report and it included a day of many firsts. We usually drift for flathead but decided we would do something different and troll around in our small boat to see if we could entice anything. Had 2 lines out, one with a halco twisty and the other a skirt,

post-23037-0-47733300-1464267088_thumb.jpg
post-23037-0-27025500-1464267118_thumb.jpg
Within 30 secs of trolling we caught a mac tuna and then a bonito caught on the halco twisty and the skirt respectively. This was my first fish caught trolling. We then caught tailor and salmon, when ever we caught a salmon, several of his friends would follow him to the boat. We then threw out a plastic and bang we were on. All the salmon were in the 60-70cm range and VERY fat, they were feeding on schools of yakka. Then for a 10 min period a massive school of salmon were feeding on a school of yakka right underneath the boat. the yakka were literally jumping out of the water and into the boat to get away from the salmon. It was a very surreal experience. I'm not sure if this picture will do it justice.post-23037-0-17748900-1464267775_thumb.jpg
They were taking anything you put in front of them, I literally caught my first fish on a blade, my first fish on a floating minnow, my first fish on a deep diver, my first fish on a popper. All those lures you have in your tackle box and wonder if you'll ever use them were all catching fish. :clapping: We kept one salmon and gave some to kayakers who were watching us catch the fish and they were really happy.
After a BBQ and a break we headed off to the beach at sunset to have yet another crack (after many doughnuts) at some beach mulloway. It was a beautiful sunset and even more beautiful with a rod in the hand.
post-23037-0-56653900-1464268267_thumb.jpg post-23037-0-88762100-1464268290_thumb.jpg
We found a very jewie looking gutter and casted out. We caught a lot of bait sized tailor around the 35cm mark and I decided to fillet one to use as fresh jewie bait since the squid baits were getting demolished by pickers.
post-23037-0-43419000-1464268724_thumb.jpg
The fillet went onto 2 snelled 7/0 gamakatsu circle hooks and just as the sun went down the rod buckles over and goes for a run. I set the hooks and bring the beast in. Called it for a jew and in the next wave came up a nice silver ghost. High fives all round :banana:, as we picked up a 93 cm slab of beach jewfish. (Another first for me)
post-23037-0-48493800-1464269346_thumb.jpg
We also caught another one on a squid shortly after.
post-23037-0-72062800-1464269411_thumb.jpg
The jews died down but the salmon kept going and we caught heaps of salmon. At one stage I caught 2 salmon on my paternoster rig which was another first for me.
post-23037-0-41699300-1464269675_thumb.jpg
All in all it was an amazing day and an unforgettable fishing experience with many things being ticked off the bucketlist. :sun:
The highlight of the day being the Jewfish which was my first legal Jewfish, a first off the beach and a great accomplishment. I think the jewie deserves a spot on the Catch of the month competition and will be submitting it in.
Thanks for reading :biggrinthumb: .

Wow!

That's incredible!

Fishings really healthy up central coast way!

Awesome work on the report

Thanks mate,

the central coast has been firing since the mullet run. nearly every beach will hold salmon and tailor, just need to pick out the gutters.

Wow mate!

That's not fishing......That's CATCHING!!!!

Now, what are you going to do to top that!

Great work

Was this on Saturday?

Thanks mate, it was a very fun day.

It was on sunday

Good onya Sam. A day you'll remember for a long time. Neil

Thanks Big Neil,

The day will go down into family folklore.

Fantastic report Sam

Thanks TimH

Mate I could be wrong, but that school photo from your boat look like Kingies? The yellow tails don't look salmon like at all..

That jew is a solid slab for your first! Well done maaaaate.

Those yellow tails are from the yakka that were on the surface, the salmon were just underneath them.

The one day that I forget the gopro, the fish decide they are hungry :mad3:

I'll make sure to bring the gopro next outing and get some underwater footage and better photos.

That's a great performance all round and a nice detailed report.

Looks like the fish were queuing up to get on your lines!

Cheers

Jim

Thanks Jim,

Hopefully not a one off occurrence

What a stonker of a day! You won't be forgetting that any time soon. Congratulations on the jewie man, massive effort!

Thanks mate, it was a great experience for sure

LEGEND !!!! :clapping:

cheers mate

Great report Sam! That will be a day to remember for sure. Nice jewy. A good accomplishment from the beach! Good luck with cotm :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks scratchie

Wow great work mate. Would you mind if I ask what beach that was??

pm sent

All in one day !!!!!!! Whats next ? Well done.

next on the bucket list is some kingfish

Super effort. Epic day, well done.

cheers mate

That sounds like a real days fishing, great Jewie and the rest sounded like a lot of fun. :clapping:

Thanks mate

It was great to get some jewies after many unsuccessful attempts

Fisho's dream. Congrats

Thanks Harold,

It is a day to remember for sure

Gee I could do with a day like that! Awesome fishing well done.

Haha thanks mate

Persistence finally paid off

Now that's what I call a good days fishing, for me I'm wondering because I don't get out much if that would tide me over for a few months or would it get my more motivated to get straight back at it again, well done mate and a great report.