NEVER EVER , EVER TAKE YOUR WIFE FISHING!!!!!

Guest 4myson

I hope the Tiltle Got your attention .... I DON"T KNOW WHY but I Decided to take the wife & our youngest daughter for a fish today while the older kids were at school . So this is how the story goes (my version anyway) ..... After my wife "LIZ" got back from dropping the kids off this mourning I asked if she wanted to tag along for a fish (she reckons I BEGGED her) ...Anyway i thought I'd head down to Bellambi ramp with the boat in tow since it's been paying off lately on the snapper . We got there by 10:30 ( a very late start for me ) but it was right on high tide & i thought we'd still be in a good chance to at least get some "PAN" size snapper for dinner tonight . Once we got there She took one look at the swell Which was almost flat & said "WE GOING OUT THERE"??? I Reassured her that there was nothing to worry about & that it was going to be a SMOOTH ride ... Got to our spot maybe a little bit later than usual (maybe it was a bit bumpy) But our youngest daughter sienna enjoyed the ride bouncing around on Mum's lap. So NO complaints there (well from Me & Sienna anyway) . Once we were on my mark I deployed the baits out & started a nice burley trail .. First drop Liz was on a snapper that was just on 25cm so Sienna had the pleasure of releasing it & watch it swim away & then came those DREADED words out my tiny daughters mouth "MUMMY YOU HAVE TO CATCH A BIGGER ONE NOW" Those words will HAUNT me for a while !!! The VERY  Next cast after setting her rod back in the holder It Just Buckles Over !!! Right there & then My WIFE almost PUSHES me overboard to get to her rod , I knew by the big run & the head thumps that she was onto a decent snapper ! So after regathering myself from receiving a CONCUSSION by the wife I managed to grab some Video footage of her fighting this Squire...LOL..  Once the snapper was boat side she was HYSTERICAL (really don't know what all the fuss was about) ..... So the Snapper was the biggest she caught , And maybe the Snapper was Bigger than what i had ever caught but AGAIN I Don't Really Know What The Fuss Was All About... But she was Over the moon & Exhausted after that battle ....(maybe somewhere deep inside me I was PROUD of her) But I won't tell her....LOL...  After that all i managed was a couple of SGT BAKERS & that was it for me but she went onto land a Nice size Cuttlefish Which hopefully I'll get to use for bait this Sunday As I promised to take Anthony out since he's been missing out on all the Action lately ... Shortly after that I Had to CONVINCE her to head in so we could make it back in time to pick the kids up from school . This is where I probably had to BEG her to go.... She was like a woman Posessed "WHAT KIDS???" ......Any way back at the ramp loaded the boat up & Now The Dreaded Ride Home..... Why Do you leave so early in the mourning when you go fishing ? Why Do you always come back with small fish ?? & so on ...LOL...  I was going to post the video & photos up BUT she INSISTS on joining Fishraider as well now & put up her OWN post (What Have I Created).... So ADMIN PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW HER TO JOIN ... If you Do DON"T BELIEVE HER VERSION OF TRUTH ....LOL...Anyway  A BIG CONGRATs TO MY WIFE ELIZABETH ..... LOVE YA !!!!!

Edited by 4myson

Well done, the first time I took my now wife out fishing we headed out to the front of Post Stephens, lovely day, flat water, sun shining. Droped her line over and a Mutton bird dives down and grabs it. Followed was a 10 minute fight getting the bird in, head covered and then untangled from the line before letting it fly away.

That was around 18 years ago and she has refused to touch a rod since... :-)

Classic sasha! When the wife does that to you, that is when you don't make a report! Lol :) 

Dont worry mate, she'll go straight on moderation! Oops, mrsswordfisherman out ranks me!

Sorry can't help mate! Lol

great report and good on you Liz for showing him how it's done!

Cheers scratchie!!!  

1 hour ago, Scratchie said:

Classic sasha! When the wife does that to you, that is when you don't make a report! Lol :) 

Dont worry mate, she'll go straight on moderation! Oops, mrsswordfisherman out ranks me!

Sorry can't help mate! Lol

great report and good on you Liz for showing him how it's done!

Cheers scratchie!!!  

Hey settle down Scratchie!! I might make Liz Admin yet

Thanks for ALL the support guys ! It's good to hear I'm not SUFFERING alone ..:lol:

2 hours ago, nutsaboutfishing said:

Well at least you can still beat her arm wrestling.   Can't you?

Not Sure Anymore ????  Probably NOT..

1 hour ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Hey settle down Scratchie!! I might make Liz Admin yet

DON'T GIVE HER ANY IDEAS ...please Donna :D