Can't keep the flathead away

GILL'T

Went down to a little sand bank spot on the east end of Balmain for an afternoon flick around 5:30pm, with great water clarity at the moment and the wind easing up it was hard to resist, I'm making an effort to catch more fish on lures and I regret not doing it sooner.

Saved these two flatties from drowning using Squidgies 'Silver Fox' :1worthy:, landed both withing 15 minutes of each other, really enjoying the warmer weather and becoming a member of the SP club.

My trusty measuring thong is 30cm for record.

IMG_2603.JPG

IMG_2612.JPG

7 hours ago, Mike89 said:

Couple of nice flatties!

I was also out in Balmain late afternoon yesterday, were you near the reserve at the East Balmain wharf?

Hey Mike89

A little further along at the bottom of Hosking/Johnston Street, you'd be facing Jones bay.

Edited by GILL'T

4 hours ago, GILL'T said:

Went down to a little sand bank spot on the east end of Balmain for an afternoon flick around 5:30pm, with great water clarity at the moment and the wind easing up it was hard to resist, I'm making an effort to catch more fish on lures and I regret not doing it sooner.

Saved these two flatties from drowning using Squidgies 'Silver Fox' :1worthy:, landed both withing 15 minutes of each other, really enjoying the warmer weather and becoming a member of the SP club.

My trusty measuring thong is 30cm for record.

IMG_2603.JPG

IMG_2612.JPG

Some tasty fillets there.Well done.The good old chux cloth 1001 uses for them.

On 11/7/2016 at 4:06 PM, GILL'T said:

Hey Mike89

A little further along at the bottom of Hosking/Johnston Street, you'd be facing Jones bay.

nice one mate! are you a local at balmain^^? you get better distance if you jump onto that ponton on your left haha. but its a priviate property
have you ever tried fishing at the end of nicholson st? at the end you go down the hills and you be on a private jetty.

7 hours ago, papafish said:

nice one mate! are you a local at balmain^^? you get better distance if you jump onto that ponton on your left haha. but its a priviate property
have you ever tried fishing at the end of nicholson st? at the end you go down the hills and you be on a private jetty.

G'day Papafish,

Yes, Balmain local so the shoreline is pretty convenient.  I have tried Nicolson street, but haven't had any luck there just donated a fair bit of gear to the snags/rocks. What have you caught there?

my shop are at balmain! wokflavour haha you been? i usually go around birchgrove wharf, and the park at the maritime, got some nice size flatty, travelly, you can also get gar and black fish. at that spot. but birchgrove are quiet at the moment, needs the warmer days. you get nice size bream there and kingieeeeeeeee but they are hard to get. if you lucky and they swing by, then your in luck^^

maybe we can tee up for a fish together :)

On 11/11/2016 at 0:00 AM, papafish said:

my shop are at balmain! wokflavour haha you been? i usually go around birchgrove wharf, and the park at the maritime, got some nice size flatty, travelly, you can also get gar and black fish. at that spot. but birchgrove are quiet at the moment, needs the warmer days. you get nice size bream there and kingieeeeeeeee but they are hard to get. if you lucky and they swing by, then your in luck^^

maybe we can tee up for a fish together :)

I haven't been but I'll be sure to give it a go!

Yep, I'd been to line up a fish sometime i'll PM you, what are you fishing for lately?