Great Weekend Fishing

BIGG DADDA TREVS

Went with PATTHERAT to his place in one of the creeks that connect to the hawkesbury over the weekend. Left Sat morning and arrived to have lunch and have a late arvo fish. Got rods setup for carp and had plenty of takes on corn but only managed one, about 1 kilo. Also had a small turtle take some sweetcorn, poor bugger would of had a sore tongue after that.

Noice little carp.PNG

Next morning we got up later and went out for a fish, I focused more on lures for flatties and my mate got some prawns and minnows also for flatties. After many many casts on a 4.5' curly tail with no results i switched to a big squidgy paddler for some more action and be a little more agressive. Very first cast i hooked up, big headshakes and a decent run later, my mate netted a healthy 38 flatty. I grab my mates rod to tie one a bigger lure, he picked up my rod and had a few flicks. Few casts in he rips the rod up, good bend and some very nice runs. Sand kicked up all around our feet and a very nice fish is in the net, went 55 and very thicc. Had them cleaned up and on the bbq for lunch, both fish had thick fillets but had empty stomachs.

Bigg flatty man.PNG

After lunch we dropped some pots, fingers crossed for some muddies to take home. After dropping the pots we went for a swim and some wakeboarding. Had the pots in for 2 hours or so and pulled them up before we were heading home and I reckon we didn't leave them in long enough, three baits were untouched and one had a nice muddy in it. If you guys have any tips for trapping muddies as I'm definitely an amateur. Headed home after a great weekend with a grin from ear to ear, thanks to PATTHERAT for taking me along for some great fishing.

Edited by BIGG DADDA TREVS

12 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

when setting your crabpots make sure the inlets are inline with the current not across the current as they wont enter..they will just sit on the side...rick

Thanks rick, maybe that's why we only got one, we had pretty nice fresh bait but the crab was still very nice though.