Unforgettable Day

Fufu

Hi all

Thought I’d share my day fishing 

Me and two of my friends had a fews hours free in the morning and thought what better way to kill a few hours than go fishing. 

We were land based and just going after standard bread and butter species armed with nippers, beach worms and prawns at one of our usually spots.

We started fishing 8.30am with high tide scheduled for 10.30am. It started with business as usual with us catching a few undersized bream, whiting and snapper.

Around 9.30am one of my mates yelled out to me “there’s a big fish cruising by”. We usually see a lot of bull mullet around so I didn’t pay much attention.

That was until it swam past me and I saw it was a kingfish. 

What happened next will be something I’ll never forget. About 20-30 kingfish started to bust up a school of bait fish literally at our feet!

It was incredible, as up to this time I had only seen this online. One of my mates actually managed to hook up to them. Twice! While me and my other mate couldn’t hook up. So much hate! Lol

After about 5mins the commotion was over and the kingys were gone. I was gutted I missed the opportunity to hook up to my first kingfish.

Or so I thought. 5mins later I latched on something that was smoking me. And when you’re fishing with bream gear the fight is even more intense!

Took about 15-20mins but managed to land it.Stoked!

They came back for a second run about 11.30am. The boys managed another one while I lost one.

All in all we landed 4 kingfish and 2 flatheads

Absolutely stoked I landed my first kingy. A little small but still legal at 68cm.

What a great day

Fufu

B66D82F6-6760-47EC-A068-B68C27872B9F.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Great when it happens :D

Whare did all this happen though?

Its always good be be told a region this all happened in a report, not necessarily the exact point! 

Over at Woolwich 

Fufu

3 hours ago, Miketheangler said:

Mate what's the rig for fishing for kingfish landbased

To be honest I was set up for bream, so I had a 2-6kg rod with a size 2000 diawa reel on 8 pound line. My leader ran right through 

I have no doubt I completely fluked today

Fufu

24 minutes ago, idler said:

I would also suggest Abbotsford after high tide - I caught 5 there over last two days (and they are all back swimming)!

Yeah it just seems like they are all over

Mind you the bait balls around are of epic sizes too

Fufu