South West Rocks

hookerbruce

Decided to take advantage of the good conditions today and headed to the river to try my luck.

Found a nipper flat I could access from the shore. Pumped some nippers and started fishing, few throwback whiting and flathead then landed a 40cm flathead. Over the next 2 hours landed a steady stream of whiting about 1 in 4 legal. Also kept 3 flathead to 54cm. Really good session with a bite almost every throw. The wind was behind me which made casting easy.

20181123_184016.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Yowie said:

Good work there Bruce.

You are still moving around a bit, do you have restless legs from the trip to W.A. and N.T.?  :lol:

I like to think of here as home.

Amazing how many times I have to come up here to cut the grass do a bit of painting pick the tomatoes  and check out the fish

Bruce 

• 1 year later...

sorry I know this is an old post, I'm headed up to south west rocks next week. My first time to SWR and I've read the fishing can be pretty amazing there. I'll be staying at the trial bay campground. Where would I be able to get hold of some nippers?

5 hours ago, nomispro said:

sorry I know this is an old post, I'm headed up to south west rocks next week. My first time to SWR and I've read the fishing can be pretty amazing there. I'll be staying at the trial bay campground. Where would I be able to get hold of some nippers?

you can pump yabbies at back creek near the footbridge, it's in SWR itself not far from the town centre

• Thanks 1

At SWRocks if you take the road to the new entrance where you cross the little one way bridge you can get nippers on the flats at low tide, also worth a cast as the tide starts coming in. Watch out for the sand flies.

Also can walk up from the main boat ramp and pump nippers and fish the mouth of spencers creek where it meets the river.(again at lower tide)

I intend to chase blackfish in the main river at some stage over this weekend.

Bruce