Port Stephens- Huge flatty!!!

Scratchie

G’day raiders, 

Just a quick report from this morning. 

Headed out with @Woodsy1 after he picked his boat up from some maintenance. Had a leisurely start at 9am. With the wind predicted to blow up at 11am, offshore wasn’t an option so we thought we’d hit the bay for a few flatty!

Well that was the plan from me but the fish didn’t want to play ball on my line and I’m sure Woodsy has sprayed my lures with fish repellent over the last two trips. Today was no exception and he managed all the fish even after I take him to all my good spots! The nerve of this bloke! Haha!!! 

Anyway, he dropped one really good fish but managed to land this monster and another! I must say it was well netted 😝

The fish went 80cm and caught on a 3000fk stradic 1/8 3/0 jig and 5 inch zman pilchard shad. 

Well done Woodsy 👏👏👏👏

cheers scratchie!!! 

AEA35631-5157-4BAB-8814-E69B5C3641E8.thumb.png.5dbb8241db6767876be4f2cf944826e1.png

• Like 13

1 hour ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Nice one boys  my deckie must be using the same repellent woodsies got jeff  hahaha  flatties are comin on in lake mac now as well jeff  

I’ll let him have the last two trips! It was a good flatty and great to see him get a pb snapper last trip! That should do him for a while! Haha 😝

52 minutes ago, masterfisho7 said:

Great flathead boys well done 

Yep well netted 😂

32 minutes ago, Yowie said:

That is a good fish.

What's happening Scratchie, you might have to go back to snapper fishing. :depression:

Mate, he did me over last time there too 😩

Havent caught a good fish since my record snapper! Hmmm, next time watch this space! 💪

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scratchie said:

I’m sure Woodsy has sprayed my lures with fish repellent over the last two trips.

cheers scratchie!!! 

I had to try something, don't worry I won't hide the banana in your bag next trip.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I gotta admit it's pretty easy when I just have to get the boat ready and Scratchie comes up with all the plans and spots then I just keep casting. Thanks for putting me on the right spot, another top day on the water.

Woodsy 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Woodsy1 said:

I had to try something, don't worry I won't hide the banana in your bag next trip.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I gotta admit it's pretty easy when I just have to get the boat ready and Scratchie comes up with all the plans and spots then I just keep casting. Thanks for putting me on the right spot, another top day on the water.

Woodsy 

Mate, an absolute pleasure! I enjoy almost every trip we have! Haha 😂 I might not always get the fish but at least I get the spots right. 👍

• Like 1

Nice effort, Woodsie! Well done!

I think someone’s sprayed my boat with that same repellent! Wasn’t you, was it, Scratchie? 😂

Seriously though, you’re getting out there and that’s what gets fish. 😎 I’ve got too many dramas happening on the home front to go fishing, even though fishing is the best thing to take my mind off the dramas! 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Berleyguts said:

I think someone’s sprayed my boat with that same repellent! Wasn’t you, was it, Scratchie? 😂

Seriously though, you’re getting out there and that’s what gets fish. 😎 I’ve got too many dramas happening on the home front to go fishing, even though fishing is the best thing to take my mind off the dramas! 😜

Wasn’t me Baz! But that stuff is powerful. Might have rubbed on your rods last time I was out with you! I hope Woodsy gives up the patent!!! 😝

• Haha 2

On ya Bro, like me nothing better than the apprentices shutting up the masters , keep ya on ya toes 😎

good flaty there woodsy , cracker lizard....... jeff has taken me to that spot too, nothing of that size, good flicking ! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Hope you get the dramas sorted soon Baz and u get back on the water. bn

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, big Neil said:

Hope you get the dramas sorted soon Baz and u get back on the water. bn

Thanks Neil. Me too. Don’t want to be too far from home at the moment in case I’m needed, so just trying to keep myself busy. Hope I can get out before Christmas.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ribs said:

On ya Bro, like me nothing better than the apprentices shutting up the masters , keep ya on ya toes 😎

good flaty there woodsy , cracker lizard....... jeff has taken me to that spot too, nothing of that size, good flicking ! 

16 hours ago, Regan said:

Cracker flattie guys

Top stuff!!

Thanks fellas

Woodsy

38 minutes ago, tyrone07 said:

Flattys are definately on, we managed 17 to 70cms yesterday afternoon and a hour and a half session

To be honest, I haven’t chased flatty in over a year! Woodsy could only find the big ones! Haha 😝

• Like 1