10minute magic on Sydney harbour

Pickles

I had dropped the kids from school at Luna Park for a school excursion and drove the bus to park under the bridge. Aldi had a special on 7’ Shimano telescopic rods with a reel (el cheapo, but hey it is Shimano) - perfect for sadly fish addicted school teacher (Deputy) totake for a quick flick when anywhere near the water.

the result - 7lb snapper on a piece of chicken, at Kirribilli- right under the bridge.

kids were stoked.

8A9B96A6-ED3C-41B7-AB6D-3BF4084BAA81.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Pickles said:

I had dropped the kids from school at Luna Park for a school excursion and drove the bus to park under the bridge. Aldi had a special on 7’ Shimano telescopic rods with a reel (el cheapo, but hey it is Shimano) - perfect for sadly fish addicted school teacher (Deputy) totake for a quick flick when anywhere near the water.

the result - 7lb snapper on a piece of chicken, at Kirribilli- right under the bridge.

kids were stoked.

8A9B96A6-ED3C-41B7-AB6D-3BF4084BAA81.jpeg

That rod does not look like a telescopic?

Hi all I'm having trouble figuring where in the harbour the fish cannot be eaten due to the high chemical/metal contamination...

if anyone could show me on a map I would greatly appreciate it!

cheers,Oz. 

1 hour ago, Oz98 said:

Hi all I'm having trouble figuring where in the harbour the fish cannot be eaten due to the high chemical/metal contamination...

if anyone could show me on a map I would greatly appreciate it!

cheers,Oz. 

The border is the Harbour bridge. Opera house / East side - you can eat fish within stated (usually small) limits. Pier 2 / West side - not good for eating. Questions like - what happens when fish crosses the bridge either direction - usually lead to debates 😁 .  I do not eat the fish from harbour at all.