10 pound Flathead from Pittwater

LuckyFil

Came across this old photo of my wife with a 10lb flathead she caught 32 years ago in Pittwater  on handline (we only fished with hand lines those days). She reminds everyone that she was 7 months pregnant at the time.

We caught plenty of fish in the 6 to 8lb range at this spot with the occasional bigger one like this. Fish were image.jpeg.be1e3654c61254ad6e79f83b951579f5.jpegmeasured by weight not length then so I've no idea how long this one was but I'd say she's up around 90cm.

Thought it might be of interest to other Raiders

cheers

Fil

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

Cracking lizard mate, so heres the question who has the better PB you or the wife 😂😂

Good question. I caught at least one 10 pounder in those days but unlike her I don't have a photo to prove it!

Great lizard, A mate of mine was fishing for Kings near Lovatt Bay a few months ago towing a live slimey around and had a big girl rise up and take it at the back of the boat, put her back but would have gone close to the lizard above, they are still around now and then 

3 hours ago, LuckyFil said:

Came across this old photo of my wife with a 10lb flathead she caught 32 years ago in Pittwater  on handline (we only fished with hand lines those days). She reminds everyone that she was 7 months pregnant at the time.

We caught plenty of fish in the 6 to 8lb range at this spot with the occasional bigger one like this. Fish were image.jpeg.be1e3654c61254ad6e79f83b951579f5.jpegmeasured by weight not length then so I've no idea how long this one was but I'd say she's up around 90cm.

Thought it might be of interest to other Raiders

cheers

Fil

That is one nice Flatty. Good on her 😉 I love seeing fisherwomen catching fish.

Looking at the picture I would say a genuine 90cm as well.