Brisbane Waters Flathead

tyrone07

With this time of year the fishing everywhere firing its hard to make time with work and wife commitments to get enough time to fish. With a horrible strong wind warning forecast I asked my mate from work if he was interested in a flick down the local. Launched the boat at Gosford at first look and had a look around the deeper parts of Brisbane Waters for an early jew around the tide change for nil luck. Quick move to the flats and we managed to find a variety of fish including Flathead, Bream, whiting and a few legal estuary snapper, all taken on soft vibes. With a feed in the livewell we cracked a coldie and hit another spot I’ve pulled some bigger lizards. Didn’t take my mate long with a bigger 5 inch plastic and he’s calling it for a better fish. Few nice runs and he had his pb of 80cms in the boat. The wind getting up we called it a day to have a couple more coldies at the sailing club. Not a bad few hours throwing lures with three lizards over that 65cm mark boated.

C964F20C-AA5F-4B95-B2B3-D7D580549D34.jpeg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, dunc333 said:

nice fish mate ,i have to wait till sunday and your getting me excited☹️

Had to work for them today but the fish are there, small vibes accounted for most of the fish with a bigger plastic getting the better fish

Guest Guest123456789

Nice fish Tyrone and good to see they’re still biting.

My father in law recently moved near the sailing club. When he first went there and bought a beer the bar maid asked him if he was interested in entering the raffle to win a tinny. His response ‘I am but I guess everyone else in NSW is too’. Her response: “no its just for members of the sailing club’. His response ‘give me a round and ill enter’. For the next few months he has diligently drunk as many beers as he could at the sailing club and entered lots of tickets. It was drawn last week and low and behold he won the boat

86B901EA-CAC5-4C48-ACAB-940DB027F7FC.jpeg