Thanks scratchie

back cruncher

Hi all...today I caught my PB snapper at 77 cm.caught on a gulp 7”coco ice.I have to thank scratchie,he’s been teaching me the techniques how to fish with plastics properly.although I’ve still got a lot more to lean,I seem to be catching and dropping more snapper than ever,so I feel ive learnt something.

scratchie couldn’t make it today,so me and a couple of mates headed to Broughton.we got to the ramp about 4.30 and headed to the bait grounds for some slimy mackerels,got a heap quickly and off to the island and done the usual spots.currents running north and wind blowing opposite direction.wasnt ideal drifting conditions,but we made the most of it.not a lot of bait showing on the sounder either.what did show was spread out.most spots were quiet,but one spot in particular was firing with snapper and rat kings.we got smoked quite a few times by good snapper,but no luck with them.wind blew up about 11am,so we headed home.

571B39C5-3734-453B-BE9A-C2466F71C01C.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Cheers Mick. 

Mate I am so happy for you to finally land a cracking snapper and a PB for you. We’ve managed to hook up to some monsters on every trip but landing them is another thing. 
Once you become addicted to chasing fish it really does go from fishing to angling and you certainly have the bug! 
Thanks to you for all your invites and generosity in taking me on your boat. And once again congrats on a well earned fish! 
As I say, “just keep casting” 

cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, quintrex52 said:

Congrats on the pb, Jeff is a generous bloke when it comes to locations.. But couldn't help reading gulp coconut Ice... Lol

Is it not a z man?? Or I could be mistaken with a new colour range?? 

Haha you can get them in both. The gulp version is pink shine! 

• Like 1