Caught, cleaned and cooked

Scienceman

Sunday up at 4am and on Nth Entrance beach by 5am. No tailor at first light so switched to whiting. Kept those that were 32~34cm so good size. Turned into tempura (prepared properly) cooked over two shifts so it was hot and crisp (just glad I didn't have to clean up the kitchen ):)

IMG_3523[2].jpg

IMG_3527[1].jpg

IMG_3528[1].jpg

• Like 18

7 hours ago, Scienceman said:

Sunday up at 4am and on Nth Entrance beach by 5am. No tailor at first light so switched to whiting. Kept those that were 32~34cm so good size. Turned into tempura (prepared properly) cooked over two shifts so it was hot and crisp (just glad I didn't have to clean up the kitchen ):)

IMG_3523[2].jpg

IMG_3527[1].jpg

IMG_3528[1].jpg

That tempura looks good. Home made batter or buy from the shop for the flour?

Thanks for all your replies. Got them on live worms but metho-dipped frozen will work when they are plentiful. Took about 3 hours so not very "fast and furious", you have to be patient. Because it was pretty choppy I got quite a few in VERY close behind the shore dump. Sometimes they are there, sometimes further out. I fished the same location last month for a couple of trevally only so the whiting are moving onto the beaches, ready for summer. 

Tempura batter was from ingredients, egg yolk (1)+ iced water (1 cup) + flour (1 cup), not mixed well, nice and lumpy. Oil at ~170degrees. 

I really like taking fish photos with the breaking waves in the background. Should have rolled the fish over to show the top rather than their belly for a better photo. 

• 2 weeks later...