Fishing Family Fued

GoingFishing

I keep remembering these blokes now another one I worked with would have about 20 joints on the boat that didn’t bother me but when we got home to clean the boat he lit up one with my teenage daughters inside the house.not happening . Re previous post rel and his mate the mate was pissed when he got to the ramp drank bourbon all day rel insisted on coming home to help cleanup gave them a coopers each and old mate starts vomiting in front yard .now it’s 99 per cent on my own I always pay for the lot anyway 

• 1 month later...

I invite someone out on the boat with me, I'm thinking how nice of me! Maybe a little extra help? Nup. Set the lines, hey mate your getting a bite. They don't even look up! One time they had a fish on and they looked up after I loosed the drag and it started running. Why didn't you tell me I had a fish they said. They proceeded to try reel the fish in with no luck because the drag was to loose 🤣. Get home with no fish because I ended up leaving after 3 hours due to their impatience and their lack of interest. Why bother asking to come!!! Get back to the boat ramp. Get home ready to clean everything unpack the car etc etc. They ask aren't you dropping me home! I said, no I'm not your sherpa. They lost it (their house is a 5 minute walk). I haven't talked to them since and I still have their rod in my shed 🤣

2 hours ago, Isaac Ct said:

I invite someone out on the boat with me, I'm thinking how nice of me! Maybe a little extra help? Nup. Set the lines, hey mate your getting a bite. They don't even look up! One time they had a fish on and they looked up after I loosed the drag and it started running. Why didn't you tell me I had a fish they said. They proceeded to try reel the fish in with no luck because the drag was to loose 🤣. Get home with no fish because I ended up leaving after 3 hours due to their impatience and their lack of interest. Why bother asking to come!!! Get back to the boat ramp. Get home ready to clean everything unpack the car etc etc. They ask aren't you dropping me home! I said, no I'm not your sherpa. They lost it (their house is a 5 minute walk). I haven't talked to them since and I still have their rod in my shed 🤣

Lesson learned there Isaac Ct. Certainly better off WITHOUT people like that in your life, let alone sharing what should be a great day on the water. Good riddance, bn

• Like 1

I have one golden rule - crew must have a sense of humour - as we know - expect the unexpected on the water and a good crew must be able to roll with whatever goes - good or bad.

No HUMOUR - No SPOT on the BOAT

Cheers Zoran

• Like 4

Ha Ha

I haven't had any real issues, heaps of friends ask me to take them fishing or take them and their kids, most of the time i let them know up front what i expect and then tell them to message me if they still want to go, i explain it will be a great day and lots of laughs.

I also know if the kids go i don't really fish, its not worth it, more fun helping them and enjoying the day.

Here is a list of questions for them

1. Do you have a rod / Rods

- Yes (great what sort so we can target the right fish)

- No (Give me a call when you get a rod and we can go out)(Unless they are good people then i have Kmart rods for them)

2. What bait are you using or are you a lures guy

- Bait (Awesome what are u using as i will bring something different)

- Lures Awesome be good to see how you go

3. Food / Drinks

- You get the food and drinks for the day (There will be 2 adults and 5 kids, pack lots of snacks as kids eat twice as much) and i will get the fuel / Ice / Esky / Boat and Tow vehicle

4. How long do you want to go for

- Just a hour (Probably better to hire yourself a boat, as if we put my boat in it will take us 30mins set up, 30min drive to ramp, 10mins to launch and park, 45mins to get to the spot, 1hour fishing, 45mins back, 20mins to retrieve the boat, 30mins home, 10min to unpack and 45mins to wash the boat. So that 5.5hrs 

- Kids and i are easy, we can do what ever if the kids get bored we can go swimming (Perfect nice and flexible) 

• Like 1