Fishing Family Fued

GoingFishing

1 hour ago, Scratchie said:

After explaining how to catch snapper on inshore reefs they Continually drive over their drift!

Have seen that with different fishing techniques, including driving straight into a school of jumping tailor, result, fish gone.

13 hours ago, motiondave said:

You have your own boat, enjoy your fishing trip on your own 

At times I am happy to do that, no-one to annoy me, or catch my fish. 🤣

• Haha 3

On a few fishing charters I have been, the skipper tells the fishos that if they become sea sick, there is no returing to port until the charter time is finished. Put up with being the burley boy. :074:

• Haha 1

1 : You killed them because they caught more fish than you 

2 : You killed them because they lost your favourite combo over the side of the boat 

3 You disowned them because they keep telling you how good a fisho they are 

4 You are serving a life sentence because of answer 1 or 2

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Yowie said:

On a few fishing charters I have been, the skipper tells the fishos that if they become sea sick, there is no returing to port until the charter time is finished. Put up with being the burley boy. :074:

I hear you. But on a 6.2m boat listening to someone vomit from 2m away......... again and again and again.

It ruins the trip ! Ive had to cancel a few trips for the sake of seasickness.

If they had taken a seasickness tablet and still got seasick..so be it. i can live with that.

But to stubbornly refuse, like taking a tablet is a bruise to your ego, only to then ruin my trip ! NAH AH - BLACK LIST for the rest of your life buddy.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GoingFishing said:

I hear you. But on a 6.2m boat listening to someone vomit from 2m away......... again and again and again.

It ruins the trip ! Ive had to cancel a few trips for the sake of seasickness.

If they had taken a seasickness tablet and still got seasick..so be it. i can live with that.

But to stubbornly refuse, like taking a tablet is a bruise to your ego, only to then ruin my trip ! NAH AH - BLACK LIST for the rest of your life buddy.

I was on a boat with 4 mates, I don't get seasick usually but decided I would take the tablet just in case, the one guy who didn't take it got seasick pretty quick after we started drifting just outside the heads.

The skipper asked two questions, do you have your wallet? do you prefer Watson Bay or Clifton Gardens. We dropped him at Clifton gardens, where he apparently laid on the beach for 3hrs until he took a cab home. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

It ruins the trip ! I've had to cancel a few trips for the sake of seasickness.

And then listening to all the excuses when they get back to land...(After wrecking the trip) "I ate/drank too much the night before", "I didn't eat/drink at all for breakfast", "It must of been something I just ate", "It's the fumes from the motor"...🤣🤣🤣

Mine to add is when 'mates' want to jump on the boat for a Marlin fish - Or any gamefish for that matter - (And not realising the hours/numerous trips trolling that have gone into each fish having a photo boatside) Then getting the shits when they aren't on 'Strike' and coming up with all sorts of theories to head back in early so no one else gets one 😅

Jealousy is a curse... 🙄😂

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

Ill start

1. Refuses to take seasickness tablet and provides rock solid assurance he doesnt get sea sick........

Gets sea sick

FB_IMG_1622368713676.jpg

mine was a guy i used to take out and it was always give you the cash next time which never came.

A common thread in the above replies seems to be a general lack of appreciation of the person who is providing the trip. That's just not on. Fair enough, anybody can be seasick... but do everything possible to prevent it and spoiling others enjoyment. Some people are just downright inconsiderate. 

That's all I got to say about that.

bn

• Like 6

I think If your expecting something for nothing then you will always be the loser!

Just an offer is something but showing you are genuine speaks much louder imo.

I've been lucky enough to have the opportunity to go out on a coupe of trips with Raiders on their boats & I have been asked out again so in my mind I must have done something right :thumbup:

Having some curtesy isnt that hard, pay for some fuel or bring some treats/food along for the trip if your able to get to know what they like to eat.

Still just showing you have made some sort of effort shows you have some character which goes a long way 😉

• Like 5

Yeah I’ve had all of the above even had to supply a rel and his mate beer and cigarettes  as both had no money always tell people to take a seasick tablet cause I’m not turning back . Dave your workmate needs a smack in the mouth

• Like 2

You need to see the look of desperation in someone’s eyes when you have loaded them up on sardine sandwiches while catching bait in the nice calm bay at quarantine wharf then gone out into a 2-3 m swell - they will do just about anything to set foot on dry land 🤣

I have heard of a few charter operators that used to play games with anyone who got seasick- they would refuse to go back in and take great joy at watching someone rolling around in their own vomit, then after a few hours they announce that “we have run out of bait and we’re going back in “ . Then they Wait till the guy gets up and looks around thinking his living hell has come to an end , they then reach into the esky and say hang on I forgot I put some extra pillies  in this esky - cruel buggers they can be 🤣

Edited by XD351
  • Haha 6

On 5/31/2021 at 8:58 AM, Rey05 said:

says they have to get going as soon as you pull up home and have to wash the bait and gear down. 

Yes mate my brother does it all the time I am pretty sure he texts his wife to ring him as I am backing the boat down the driveway ready to clean but there is always the call that he needs to go. I do not know who he goes fishing with now don't really care. 

• Like 1

I like the ones that complain when they don't catch any fish and lay all the blame on me.

Then there are the ones who do catch fish state that the only reason we have done is because of their expertise.  

You are dammed if you do and are dammed if you don't. :bash:

• Haha 2

I think my second biggest pet hate would be those who rock up late, for any trip.

When you have got out of bed at 430am, packed the gear, the boat, filled up fuel and ready to rock n roll....only to then have to wait 40 mins because they slept in. That cheeses me off big time.

Gee i tell u it feels good to let it all out 🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

One mate I have never been fishing with, and never will.

He sunk 3 boats - hole in 1, and bungs not in place in 2 boats - and he makes out he is O.K., but his face turns green at the sight of a little wave. :074: