Port Macquarie Snapper

TK01

Solo morning session today out from Port Macquarie. My best effort ever on soft plastics Snapper in terms of numbers. Caught 10 keepers (released 5) from 35-52cm in 15m of water. Great session but very frustrating as I lost about 7 or 8 big snapper. 
Got a couple of Mack tuna and silver trevs too. Action packed couple of hours!DFE2B220-1DEC-44F1-A5A9-496574B416A4.jpeg.cece0a51fd482383b73c7ed7f7df937a.jpeg

66B0B350-2D01-42B1-B770-AD566BF36C6A.jpeg

Edited by TK01
  • Like 19
  • Haha 1

Good work mate! Stick at it. It’s very rewarding tricking an old man snapper on soft plastics! Losing the big boys is all just part of the game! You can’t stop them all. I lost a PB  snapper last week that I had on for ten minutes. ( magic meter I reckon) But that’s fishing! Well done 👍 

cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, beachwormer said:

Wow there's some great eating coming up for you....

Did the big snapper drop the lures or bust you off?

No dropped lures. I was using 16lb leader to try to get more bites. Probably should have bumped things up a bit. I ran out of good jig heads after a while and used a lighter gauge one, which got straightened. I also had 2 bust offs where the uni knot came back intact but the line had broken where it went through the eye of the hook. Don’t think I’ve seen that happen before. I was using 6/0 TT headlock jig heads, a mate has suggested that I switch to the nitro ones but I find that they are only good for gulps. The softer z man’s etc always get pulled down. Open to suggestions thanks

• Like 1

Nice bag TK. I'm the opposite with the TT jig heads, I found the Nitros just don't last and you need to keep sharpening them after every fish. TT's have been bulletproof, especially with the new ones with fluoro eyes. Cheers Mat 

57 minutes ago, Maccam said:

Nice bag TK. I'm the opposite with the TT jig heads, I found the Nitros just don't last and you need to keep sharpening them after every fish. TT's have been bulletproof, especially with the new ones with fluoro eyes. Cheers Mat 

I agree Matt. My mate is a bit of a know it all and tells me everything I do is wrong so I don’t take much notice of him these days!

39 minutes ago, TK01 said:

I agree Matt. My mate is a bit of a know it all and tells me everything I do is wrong so I don’t take much notice of him these days!

If someone is landing more fish than me constantly then I am happy to listen, if not Bla..... Bla.... Bla....

But hey that doesnt mean we still cant be friends :1fish: :hug:

• Haha 1