Silver perch a plenty - 11 in 20 minutes

Pickles

I asked “Charlie”  my granddaughter what she would like to do for her birthday on Monday. “Go fishing with you grandad, with my pink rod” she said (My kinda gal). Don’t know if she’ll want to do this in 8 years when she’s 16, so strike while the iron’s hot. 
Because of the howling wind, we went float fishing in our top dam near the house for silver perch using corn and bread. We caught 11 fish in less than 1/2 an hour, before she lost interest and went off to chase lambs around the paddock and dip-netting for tadpoles with Grandma (Mrs Pickles)

A great day to spend an 8th birthday.

36213DDA-8AEA-4157-BAEA-5403512724A8.jpeg

95DA5878-34ED-471E-9430-752B82A9120F.jpeg

B0EE540D-E2B5-444F-A948-3DDC99B50931.jpeg

Edited by Pickles
Spelling
  • Like 14

On 9/22/2021 at 3:24 PM, Pickles said:

Don’t know if she’ll want to do this in 8 years when she’s 16, so strike while the iron’s hot. 

Remember, there's every chance they could turn out like @JonD's kids and if that's the case, they'll be taking YOU out instead of the other way around! :D 

Sounds like a great day with the grand daughter!

14 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

Remember, there's every chance they could turn out like @JonD's kids and if that's the case, they'll be taking YOU out instead of the other way around! :D 

Sounds like a great day with the grand daughter!

Thats pretty rare, they either take their buddies or go alone most of the time. My daughter really likes being out on her own most of the time, she loves the challenge of catch and landing big fish in her own boat without assistance.

Looked like a cracking session Pickles.

• Like 1