Bate bay 3/12 (port hacking)

Crabstar

Evening raiders.

Headed out Friday morning as the swell was suppose to be low, went for a bash for squid for the first hour on sun up and grabbed 3. Dropped another 4.

Next decided to head out to the bay but I found it was a bit lumpy for my boat but then decided to give it a bash, headed to Osborne shoals, fair way out for my size boat.

Fished Osborne shoals for about and hour with my mate, ended up with 3 flathead, Sargent baker and a rock cod. No photos this time as I pulled a sickie.

Ended up almost capsizing with the two idiots who drive those massive big cruisers not giving two poo’s about the size of my boat and created the biggest wake, poor boat didn’t like it and took on a fair bit of water from the front and needed to hit the bilge pump in action…

mate got sick by 8am decided to take him home.

Don’t think I’ll be out again till we’ll after Christmas, can get too busy but we’ll see how I go :)

• Like 6

Great report on the fishing and I know exactly how you feel Crabstar, I was in Middle harbour off Seaforth bluff last year when a huge “leased” cruiser blasted past with much cavorting and drinking happening aboard, in a “no wash zone”, my boat has plenty of free board, so we were OK, but it was certainly uncomfortable, but less fortunate for a small open tinny nearby - almost put them in the drink. The “captain” didn’t notice a maritime  boat around the corner who chased them down and after spending 15 minutes “interviewing” them, Maritime came back to inform us that they issued a $1000 fine. (I didn’t realise fines could be that steep for infringements on the water). Pretty sure that boat will have more respect for others in the future.

• Like 1

Hi Crabstar,  i am always taking note when there are safety issues  involved , if you don't mind me asking  what sort of a boat where you on at the time ?    you also mentioned  that you were fishing osborne shoals  and that made me even more curious  as to why you took on water etc      , i will be buying a small boat  also and i  use information as a guide  to decide on what i will be buying ,  thank you for sharing .

Edited by leonardgid

3 hours ago, leonardgid said:

Hi Crabstar,  i am always taking note when there are safety issues  involved , if you don't mind me asking  what sort of a boat where you on at the time ?    you also mentioned  that you were fishing osborne shoals  and that made me even more curious  as to why you took on water etc      , i will be buying a small boat  also and i  use information as a guide  to decide on what i will be buying ,  thank you for sharing .

Hey mate. 
i own a 390 outback explorer but different to the standard low side explorer hence why I go outside on low swell and sea days.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 6:33 PM, Crabstar said:

Evening raiders.

Headed out Friday morning as the swell was suppose to be low, went for a bash for squid for the first hour on sun up and grabbed 3. Dropped another 4.

Next decided to head out to the bay but I found it was a bit lumpy for my boat but then decided to give it a bash, headed to Osborne shoals, fair way out for my size boat.

Fished Osborne shoals for about and hour with my mate, ended up with 3 flathead, Sargent baker and a rock cod. No photos this time as I pulled a sickie.

Ended up almost capsizing with the two idiots who drive those massive big cruisers not giving two poo’s about the size of my boat and created the biggest wake, poor boat didn’t like it and took on a fair bit of water from the front and needed to hit the bilge pump in action…

mate got sick by 8am decided to take him home.

Don’t think I’ll be out again till we’ll after Christmas, can get too busy but we’ll see how I go :)

Great report. Glad you got some scale but bummer about encountering the pair of ignoramus pilots. They probably drive on the road the same way- which doubles the chance of karma catching up to them. 
cheers Zoran